Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Access Eos computer and change settings

17K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  David Paul 
#1 ·
Hi all
I have heard from my friend that if you have the factory computer to access Eos, you can activate more features and functions for your car such as open and close windows by remote fob, open sunroof by remote, etc. (VW disabled these features in Eos because it is VW, not Audi.)

Does anyone know that whether the dealer will happy to do it for me or anyone in Perth has the computer that can help me with?

P.S. The system is called "VAGCOM"

Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
If you have any intent of working on your car yourself, buying VAG-COM from Ross-Tech (see silvershadow's link) is the way to go. I have it and it's really handy.

If you're not the DIY type, I'm sure the dealer can do the tweaks for you for an hour or so of labor. They don't use VAG-COM, but a VW proprietary system. You'll be able to roll the windows up and down with the fob, but you'll only be able to close the sunroof. If you want to open the sunroof remotely (or the convertible top), you'll have to buy and install the aftermarket SmartTOP module.

Maybe you'll luck out and an Australian member on this site who owns VAG-COM will chime in. You can also search on VWVortex; there are forums specific to VAG-COM and Australia.

Good luck -

#5 ·
You'll be able to roll the windows up and down with the fob, but you'll only be able to close the sunroof. If you want to open the sunroof remotely (or the convertible top), you'll have to buy and install the aftermarket SmartTOP module.
Just to throw a curve ball in, my windows and sunroof both open and close remotely from the fob - no extra expenditure on aftermarket modules required. :confused:

#8 ·
I believe different countries have different settings. The spec in Australia does not included the remote windows function. I have tried to hold on the button but just nothing happen. According to the manual I can open and close the windows by putting the key in the lock on the door.. but looks so stupid to me..

#9 ·
hmm, strange. What year is your car? I can't remember if our '07 had this feature enabled or not, but my mate just picked up a new GTI last week and it was definitely enabled. Where are you located? If you're in Brisbane I'd be happy to get this done for you

#12 ·
hi 'denfion'...am also in Perth..be interested to see what you come up with. I believe the smart top will allow a few of these options also.

Dave...

#13 ·
My U.S. Eos works just fine without a VagCom modification.

Windows open and close, sun roof opens and closes. All with just by holding either the lock or unlock button on the remote.

Of course, with my VagCom I was able to unlock other features.

#17 ·
I misspoke in my last post.

I meant to say, "My U.S. Eos works just fine with a vag com modification".

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.