Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Eos Roof Adjustment.

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bernie 
#1 ·
Hi there,
Has anybody out there got any instructions or info on how and where to adjust the Eos roof? Mine is now a year old, and I feel that it may have bedded in, and may benefit from a tweak maybe. It doesnt leak, but I occasionally get the odd rattle.
Thanks, Barry C.:):)

#2 ·
I would not try to DIY the EOS roof adjustment in larger scale, when changing parts to my roof dealer told me that there are over 36 adjustment points and to make sure everything is 100% they need to be checked in sequense as many adjustment points affect others.

I have tweaked the side flaps a bit to cancel some rattles as they were a bit loose when closed. For that there are a screw on the underside of each flap.

#3 ·
Before considering anything to do with your roof; make sure your Krytox applications have been done every 6 months preferably in warm weather/heated garage to keep the seals supple.

Many roof noises are associated with seals that have hardened due to lack of regular maintenance.

#4 ·
Granted, I keep my Eos in my garage when not using it. I've had it for just about 3 years now and it only has 15000 miles on the clock.

I've NEVER done the famous seal maintenance and it has no top rattles, nor leaks that I know off. I'm up in the Seattle area and have been in occasional heavy rain without a drop coming in from the roof area.

Maybe I've just been lucky...

#6 ·
My partner's car is still quiet after 2 years of use on our poor quality country roads - if there were going to be problems, the regular torture the car gets from potholes and uneven surfaces would make them obvious.

#7 ·
Roof Rattles - More Information Please

To McEos,

what 'tweak' did you do to your EOS?
Mine bangs at the C Section over bumps. I have seen all sorts of suggestions from removing shims to putting felt in the locator bracket.
Someone also mentioned a VW Tech Bulletin on this issue, but I've had no luck so far in locating it.

HELP Please

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.