Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

First mods done

17K views 51 replies 10 participants last post by  mickjane2 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share a pic of my first mods to my EOS. New 18 inch rims and tyres plus paint my callipers and carriers. I have fitted door projector lamps and a B/T unit under my seat, now just need the correct repair wire to finnish of footwell lights.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Greg and Batjes for you comments and yes I have a Dodojuice DA polisher which is a must when you own two black cars.

Mick

#6 · (Edited)
Footwell lights all up and running only problem with the LED's is I have to keep my shoes clean now lol. I think the next mod will be a set of chrome mirror covers for now as I am skint (just need to sell my RNS 315 kit and a brand new set of 18x8j alloys wheels and tyres.)

Mick

#8 ·
#9 ·
Well for Xmas I got myself a set of OEM mud flaps and a complete media/IPod interface, now had to order another RNS 510 as this one has died (got a 2014 model this time.)

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I have now fitted sport pedals and dead pedal, OEM retro fit B/T unit and purchasing centre consul middle section so I will have OEM MDI. So just lowering, R line DSG steering wheel, rear spoiler and remap left lol.

Mick

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks Shep and Batjes, I have just received my chrome mirror switch and I am waiting for my chrome Euro headlamp switch and bezel to arrive from China [emoji630]

Mick

#15 ·
Oh no, don't start on that! One of my switches has a tiny chip on it where the black plastic has come off and there's grey underneath, and then I'd be tempted to get the chrome ones...

Does anyone know a good place to get replacement handles for the door cards from, though? They're pretty much the only thing on my Eos that gives away its age...

#16 ·
I haven't come across any EOS dedicated drivers chrome window switches

#18 · (Edited)
I haven't come across any EOS dedicated drivers chrome window switches
I was actually looking for the handle part that the switches sit in, since mine is quite scratched.

After a bit of searching, it seems to be (EDIT) a different one to what's used on the Golf and Jetta: http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/prod...os/Titanium-black/5374017/1Q1867371C-81U.html is the LHD version. The passenger side is identical, of course, but the driver's side isn't.

And for those looking for switches, as you can see from the picture of the underside of the handle at http://ebay.de/itm/151987564667, the "normal" window switches aren't normal either.

#17 ·
If you look for 5K4959857XSH or simular, you can buy these single or by pairs. The pairs will then fit into the main body of the EOS switch plate. Later, I also found the big 4-window in chrome style on ebay or amazon. There I also found the tank/trunk switch in chrome style. The 4-window switch needed to rewire internally, but I found a diy on the german forum.

#19 ·
Well I have finally finished another mod, I now have OE media interface under the arm rest in the centre consul (the centre consul compartment was only £32.00 plus VAT from TPS.) So now I have OE 9W7 B/T and RNS 510 and M. I. just as it should be. I did remove drivers seat to make running the wires a bit easier but it isn't really necessary.

Mick

Attachments

#21 ·
Just added these to my EOS and Tiguan, maybe not to everyones taste but hey ho me and the Mrs like em.

Mick

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Well not had a very good EOS week. It all started last Saturday with the EOS obtaining a golf ball size dent in the N/S door (suspect small kids on push bikes), then Monday started hearing a loud rattle from the N/S/R suspension which turned out to be a broken spring. Got my EOS into my mates bodyshop on Wednesday and he repaired door and a few other bits that needed doing. Picked up car Thursday evening and realised the N/S head lamp had turned pink (gas discharge xenon bulb on way out.) So today (Saturday) fitted my new 35mm drop springs all round (just needed broken spring as excuse) and removed front bumper to remove headlamp to fit bulb, what a palaver lol. All in all the N/S of my car has cost me a blo-ody fortune. I will post up some pics of the suspension drop as soon as I have cleaned my car.

Mick

#24 ·
Now all I have to do is replace my O/S/R lamp unit due to some blown LED's on the side light.

Mick

#26 ·
I just needed the motivation lol.

Mick

#27 · (Edited)
30mm drop

I know 35mm isn't radicle, but this car is my daily drive.

before and after Just a subtle difference.

Attachments

#28 ·
Has anyone come up with a solution to the drivers side chrome window switches. I have the chrome mirror knob and the trunk and gas flap switches, now need the window ones.

Mick

#37 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.