Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

VW EOS scale model & Monster Mats

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  dickandjeannie 
#1 ·
I have a dark metallic brown 2015 EOS, and would love to find a scale model of this to put on my shelf with other collectible cars. Just can't seem to find one. If anyone has suggestions where I might buy one online, I would appreciate it. Also noticed that someone was selling a set of monster mats. I have a brand new set that I would sell VERY reasonably. They are just taking up room in our storage closet.

#2 · (Edited)
You mean something like this?
I got it from somebody on the local ebay dutch website, called marktplaats.
It is a model made specially for VW dealers from 2006 to show of the EOS.
But I also have a much smaller one, 1:43, the big one is 1:18.
Both are from Norev.
Right now, multple smaller ones are for sale, just one big one, which is reserved...

Attachments

#3 ·
I have a similar one in light blue that I bought from eBay. Probably the same manufacturer. I see that they offer it in brown, too. Unfortunately, it's the "pre-facelift" model, not the 2012+ look. But the price was right (only a couple bucks), and it's one of the only Eos models I've seen for sale (VW used to sell one in white only on their DriverGear website, but they seem to have discontinued it.).

#4 ·
As far as I know Norev made some Diecast Models and Preiser have made some 1/87 scale all plastic ones. All have only been in the original 2006 style not the face lifted version. I was able to get some at the shop at the VW Wolfsburg factory but that was in 2008. Try your hobby shop or if you have a Model Train shop they may still be able to get the Preiser one.

#6 ·
Kyosho is a Japanese company that make Radio Controlled Models as well as Diecast Models of good quality. The Australian distributor for that brand does not list the Eos - I don't think they unfortunately came to Australia.

#13 ·
The mats are available and have been sitting in my storeroom since I purchased the car. We live in Arkansas, and I have no use for monster mats like I did when we lived up north. I have no idea how to price them or how to ship them to you. Please advise. I have a friend in Cedar Rapids Iowa that comes down here regularly. Maybe I could send them back with him the next time he comes down.

Dick Nelson

#8 ·
They have never been used, and I probably never will use them. No idea what to ask for them and how I would get them to you.

I also have a wind screen thing-a-ma-jig that goes over the back seat to make it so that it is not so windy when driving. Will probably never use that either. I put it on one time, but like the open road feel better.

#15 · (Edited)
I would recommend that you NOT sell the wind deflector. They came as standard equipment on all US EOS models, but they did not come that way in other markets. Anyone who researches the EOS would know to look for the wind deflector when buying a used one here in the US, so it might reduce your resale value. Using the wind deflector is definitely a matter of personal taste and my wife and I use our as all the time. Forking out $700 to replace it would not be fun!

The monster mats are different. Those can be inexpensively sourced or good alternatives can be easily had.

Hot Springs Village is a nice area. I grew up in Pine Bluff (definitely not as nice) and spent a lot of summers of my youth in the Hot Springs area.

#11 ·
DickandJeannie,
Looking at a couple of websites it appears that the mats sell for around 100.00 for a set of 4 or about 50.00 for just the front two. Typically pre-owned I'd guess they'd sell for about half of that. I would also guess that they could be shipped UPS just rolled up and tied with twine. I'd certainly pay for shipping.
As for the wind screen, they are over 700.00 new and in demand. I would suggest 400 for it. Others may weigh in on that estimate as well. (mine is fine I don't need one) You would want to package it in a sturdy container when you send it out.

#14 ·
DickandJeannie,
Looking at a couple of websites it appears that the mats sell for around 100.00 for a set of 4 or about 50.00 for just the front two. Typically pre-owned I'd guess they'd sell for about half of that. I would also guess that they could be shipped UPS just rolled up and tied with twine. I'd certainly pay for shipping. Your Cedar Rapids idea could work as well. We are in Des Moines, but have friends in CR and go there occasionally. Whichever works best for you. I'm in no hurry, winter is a long way off.
As for the wind screen, they are over 700 new and in demand. I would think you could get 400, maybe more for it. Others here may have thoughts on that as well.
Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.