MDI position - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
mickjane2

Default MDI position

I would appreciate if one of our members with the built in MDI in the centre consul would post a picture of it for me.

Many Thanks

Mick
2010 EOS 2.0 tdi dsg xenons, Black leather electric seats, folding mirrors, RNS 510, 18x8j alloys, front fogs, Door projector lenses, LED footwell lights OEM Bluetooth, OEM front and rear mud flaps, Chrome mirror covers.Sport pedals and dead pedal, led mirror puddle lights and front side lights

2010 Tiguan Match 2.0 tdi dsg
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Batjes

You mean this?
There is a cable on top of it, which connects to the plug on the top and has usb on the other side. There is also a aux connector (ear plug like) on the bottom right of the photo.
I do not use this at all, because I've exchanged the standard radio to a zenec nav unit.
There is not much storing space left with this all in here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0036.jpg (12.4 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Batjes; 01-07-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Batjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
voxmagna

When I fitted my Chinese radio I looked for somwhere to put the wired USB. I realized from other cars I've done that you often have expensive addon toys and didn't want these on show whilst often needing an always on power connection for charging. MY07 EOS cigar socket only powers with ignition on.

I ran the radio usb cable into the glove box with a fused power socket wired to the battery. I can lock the glove box with the toys inside where they are also kept cool by the aircon.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
mickjane2

Thanks all for the pics and info, it looks like I would need to replace my centre consul to get oem. I do think I may have solved the problem though by fitting the MDI box above the glovebox where the owners manuals are kept.

Mick
2010 EOS 2.0 tdi dsg xenons, Black leather electric seats, folding mirrors, RNS 510, 18x8j alloys, front fogs, Door projector lenses, LED footwell lights OEM Bluetooth, OEM front and rear mud flaps, Chrome mirror covers.Sport pedals and dead pedal, led mirror puddle lights and front side lights

2010 Tiguan Match 2.0 tdi dsg
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement