Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

air con capacity specs

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Andy tsi eos 
#1 ·
Hi there

I'm thinking of getting my car re-gassed as I've had it nearly 18 months now and don't know when it was last done (should be done every 2 years).

Does anyone know the capacity for the basic air con system and how much PAG oil to use?

I've looked at the internet and found figures of 800grams gas and 120ml PAG oil. Does this sound about right?

Thanks

#2 ·
Good question. Although I ran a Renault for 15 years and never re-gassed it. I used to check the outlet temperature drop in Summer and as long as it was 15 deg C (?) I left it alone. Perhaps that was too simple?

From what I can see from the attached handy link the EOS 2006 to 2011 is R134a, 500-550 gm refrigerant gas, PAG OE oil, PAO 68 or PAG ISO 46 service oil 120 ml.

http://dvsews.autonet.ro/webcat_dvs...de ulei si refrigerant clima 2011-2012_RO.pdf

#3 ·
I have never regassed mine. It is now 8 years old. If it works leave it alone. Just clean/replace the airfilter under the glovebox and use the airconditioner once a week. If it stops working get the leak fixed and regas it then.

#4 ·
Agreed! If it's working and the output air temperature drop in hot weather is o.k, then leave it alone. If it has to be re gassed due to a fault or leak, add fluorescent leak detection dye. Most air con shops are doing this on repairs now.

#5 ·
Hi

Thanks for the figures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.