Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Dvla...

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SiJ2000 
#1 ·
I have just bought a Golf Plus to add to my VW fleet! I am trying to transfer a number plate onto it from another car... I took the paperwork to local DVLA office last week and keep calling them and they say they can't even confirm they have seen it, let alone processed it! They say they are processing this week already, so should have done it!!

Has anyone had papers disappear courtesy of the DVLA in a plate transfer?

Right now, it just feels like I'm never gonna get that car!!

Come on everyone, tell me of your DVLA experiences!!

#2 ·
When i wrote my car off i was in a bad way it took me 2 months to send my tax disc off for a refund and i explained why and they still knocked off the two months from me :mad:

Steph xx

#3 · (Edited)
I had never had a private plate up until recently when I bought one from the DVLA website. I'd heard stories of people having problems assigning and/or transferring them so it had always put me off, until I finally took the plunge.

Once I'd ordered it, the paperwork arrived within 3 days. I popped to the local DVLA office that afternoon. Plates were on the car that evening.

I have no intentions of transferring the plate when I sell the car (unless I buy a newer EOS :rolleyes: ), so hopefully I won't have to suffer the pains you're currently experiencing.

#5 ·
Si its the same all over goverment dept cut backs and red tap and they take more of our money.

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry to read about you delay Simon, I think it must depend on which office you deal with.

I used Brighton in East Sussex and they did it for me by return of post, sent to them on Mon am, recieved back Weds am. Superb service! well I was impressed.
Must just be the luck of the draw in this modern age becauce I too am old enough to remember when they did it while you waited.

#8 ·
It depends on the political persuasion of the staff dealing with it too; some of the more left-leaning amongst them really don't like 'personalised' plates...

#9 ·
My mate hows a police man said that the money made by private plates goes to the managers in bonus payments if they meat the targets. How does he now this well he just spent a week down at the dvla as head of the autolink section to check on VED and owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.