Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Eos now very common?

7K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Doolallygirl 
#1 ·
Working in Slough just now and have never seen so many Eos on the road in my life. I saw more in 10 mins than I have seen at home in 18months!
PS hate to drive down here its a nightmare
Are they just as common in other parts of England?

#2 ·
We have 4 here where I work in Farnborough, Hampshire. Still think they are not that common though in comparision with other models.

Simon V

BTW, how long are you in Slough for? I was thinking about organising a mini meet in the west london area.

#6 ·
I live in Slough (the West side I hasten to add) and yes there are a lot around. To some degree it's because of the Industrial Estate which is very high tech so you get people with taste !

It's not just Slough though, it's the Thames valley, I see a lot in Windsor and Reading as well.

#8 ·
Lots in Kent!

There are quite a lot in Kent, not to the extent of Peugeot 206/306 CC's or Merc/BMWs yet but it is getting that way, I see at least one a week on the roads and they are different colours etc every time! :D

#9 ·
There are quite a lot in Kent, not to the extent of Peugeot 206/306 CC's or Merc/BMWs yet but it is getting that way, I see at least one a week on the roads and they are different colours etc every time! :D
Last week I drove from Hull to Brighton then next day Brighton to Sittingbourne in Kent then back up to Hull and didn't see a single Eos in 2 days and 580 miles!

There are plenty in Hull though (the sun shines a lot here!!) and saw at least 4 the next day.

#10 ·
A near neighbour has a black one and I see three others around Bexley/Bromley/Sidcup fairly regularly. One is dark blue - could that be you, Doolallygirl? (Great name!)
Anyway, they seem more common than when I first ordered it even just six months ago but maybe that's because I am looking out for them?

#11 ·
Ooooh not me yet, I collect mine on Saturday from Crawley - (Dartford dealer was a bit useless as I asked him to find me one a few months back!!). I must have seen you about in yours though as you are only in Bexley - I will look out for you and give you a wave if you are out and about in the summer - drive past the Blue Anchor - I go there a lot!

#12 ·
I live in Slough during the week (and work on the Slough Trading estate), and live away at weekends, and there does appear to be a whole load in Slough at the moment.

In fact the first day I bought mine into work about 2 weeks ago I saw about 5while just walking out for lunch - much to my work mates amusement.

So if you see a Black TDI with KT08 number plates wave :)

Tony

#16 ·
I live in Slough during the week (and work on the Slough Trading estate), and live away at weekends, and there does appear to be a whole load in Slough at the moment.

In fact the first day I bought mine into work about 2 weeks ago I saw about 5while just walking out for lunch - much to my work mates amusement.

So if you see a Black TDI with KT08 number plates wave :)

Tony
Tony, look out for me (GP 08) I work at Anite at the Burnham end of Buckingham Ave.

#13 ·
Where I live (northern part of south-east France, in Grenoble), I cross 2 others almost daily (one black, one silver), yet I know of 2 more (also one black and one silver) in the city, so a total of 5... Little enough to still feel the difference!
Fred

#15 ·
Main sightings were in Bath Road, like I said never seen so many in one place in a day! This area looks like a hi tec industrial estate to me am I correct?

#17 ·
If you think the EOS is common, count how many Audi A4's and BMW 3 series' you see on your commute to work!

#18 ·
I agree Hornet9, but I would like to keep (perhaps in vain) some exclusivity with the Eos. When people admire and ask what it is it gives you a good feeling don't it. (mine is debadged). I suppose when you have such a good looking car popularity can't be far behind.

#19 ·
They may be getting common, but I find that when you tell someone what sort of car you have, hardly anyone has heard of an EOS - even some Top Gear watching car buff blokes have to ask. My standard answer is "VW convertible, bit bigger than a golf, bit smaller than a passat!!"

I think people just see them on the road and don't look at the badge.

#21 ·
I'm friendly! lol although never drive in London exactly so you wouldn't be referring to me :D

The Eos is not as common as even I thought - see my thread - when I went Eos spotting the length of the country I spotted about 25 over the course of three days - Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Peugeot were all more popular. Saw just two Ford Focus CC3 models but that could be because they leak so aren't anywhere near as popular!! :eek: Thank the lord I got out of that one! (Just got a refund and purchased an Eos instead!

#24 ·
You should have seen my driveway last week!! Have a
look at :

Wow!! :eek: Is that really shadow blue??! It's beautiful! :rolleyes: I keep seeing colours of Eos that I want, Candy white closely followed by red, now this shade of blue :( did I choose the wrong one entirely??! :mad:

#25 ·
The Midlands is still a bit barren for EOS's, and there certainly quite rare beasts, in fact the old man and me revert back to our kid days and play a bit of "spot the EOS" when ever we are out and about.
It's not unknown for us to cover a few hundred miles over the weekend and we are out most weekends. To date the most we have seen over a weekend is 2, and they can both be on the same day.

Must have been a batch that fell of the back of a lorry in Slough!!!;) ;)

#26 ·
Yes its shadow blue. I must be honest I was unsure about the colour when I ordered it but it looks really great when its clean and the sun is shining on it. Bet yours looks just as good when its gleaming in the sun.................

#27 ·
I know there is 1 other eos on the village a black one, there is a silver one in the next village. In town i have see 3 eos cars all silver and the garage has a black demonstrator. No one has the salsa red :)

I know the portugal place that makes them is low output high quality so they dont make a lot of eos i am sure i read that the UK gets 1600 eos a year but i cant remember when i read that. Maybe we should root around and see what the stats are?

oh have you see this http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1903692.ece

#31 ·
the sunroof is key, though.

I really wouldn't want a "regular convertible" even the Volvo as nice as it is. I went to check out the Passat CC at the dealer when I was getting my state inspection done. The CC in the showroom didn't have the panoramic sunroof and it made me feel very closed in. In the Eos when the top is up at least you still feel "OPEN". It would drive me nuts not to have sunroof option in a convertible now. I AM surprised, however, that some of the competition hasn't already tried to copy cat the Eos roof (BMW, Volvo, Pontiac G6, etc).

#34 ·
There is one in the same town as mine (black), one in the village down the road (black), nearly always 2 in the local showroom (dark blue and silver or black) and I pass one quite regularly in another village (silver). I only realised they are so common after passing loads on the way to the Lake District in the summer. Only ever seen a red one once on the M25 and loved it! :D :rolleyes:

#35 ·
I had the volvo for a week while my old car was being repaired (reversed into by a brand new merc ) and the volvo was tiny inside and the boot was not amazingly big. Very happy with the Eos :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.