Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Window regulator repair kit

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  voxmagna 
#1 ·
My window regulator cable is not in a working condition, so i was looking to buy a new one. I don't want to buy the entire window regulator because it is $250. I have seen many repair kits for different Volkswagen, but i haven't come across one that will work on EOS.
I have read the voxmanga post about making a new cable, but i dont have the tools nor the time to do it that way. Have you seen any repair kits similar to this one? https://www.ecstuning.com/ES300930/...OkTrztvm5oxvY-fOXn3CoBSb8GOUThoNv0aAu9B8P8HAQ

#2 ·
This is a long shot, but what year is your Eos? In the U.S., 2007-2011 model years had a warranty extension on window regulators, to five years. If you have a 2011 you may be still eligible.

Too bad the aftermarket apparently hasn't stepped in with repair kits or cheaper regulators, like they have for other VW models.

BMW regulators are crap, too. I just had one fail in my wagon, but fortunately I was able to get a quality aftermarket one for $70. Naturally it fails when it's 100F on the East Coast. I'm lucky I have a garage and another vehicle to drive.

#3 ·
My window regulator cable is not in a working condition, so i was looking to buy a new one. I don't want to buy the entire window regulator because it is $250. I have seen many repair kits for different Volkswagen, but i haven't come across one that will work on EOS.
I have read the voxmanga post about making a new cable, but i dont have the tools nor the time to do it that way. Have you seen any repair kits similar to this one? https://www.ecstuning.com/ES300930/...OkTrztvm5oxvY-fOXn3CoBSb8GOUThoNv0aAu9B8P8HAQ
I have just installed a repair kit I got from the US on ebay, $20 US plus delivery

#4 ·
V.W and most other car makers now use the same wire driven compact system for electric windows for safety and cheapness. Unfortunately the EOS winds its windows up and down like yo-yos for top and normal driver window operations. The wire is prone to rusting from water entering the door cavity past the glass wiper seal. The 2 door EOS needs more torque from the wire system to move heavier glass and uses a smaller diameter winder drum with a tighter wire winding wrap around it. I rebuilt a wire from scratch using a stainless steel wire fitted to both doors several years ago and still working. The mistake many make is putting grease on the wire which picks up muck and shortens life