Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Battery drain on rns 315

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FSJ Guy 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I've owned my 2007 Eos 1.6 for about 7 years now and have recently updated the stereo from the factory fitted to the Rns315 with bluetooth so the wife has a sat nav and phone hands free (safety in mind). After fitting with no clear problems I have noticed my battery drains overnight, now i know there are many people with the same problem on here but the answers are a bit sketchy, I possibly understand i may need a newer CanBus module which I need to fit but none states a clear version needed i think its a 1K0 907 530 AA but am unsure. I have no experience of programming car computers and i have seen stories of Long coding :confused: I can try myself or can take it to a dealer if required as i am not a total dimwit but may need some clear detailed advice.

I also have a problem with the driver side rear window. The control on the driver door will open the window but in the opposite way to all the other buttons, Also the dash computer states a door open and the internal light stays on until i manually press O on the overhead button

Many thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
It does sound like you need a later canbus, but without a scan to show which one you have I can't tell which one you need. You also need to get a full vcds scan on your window, door and light problem so they can be sorted.

Mick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.