Wonderful Time in Western NC - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.S. > Southeast

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Techvet

Default Wonderful Time in Western NC

Earlier today my wife and I took Dash (our 2014 EOS Komfort) out for a spin. We live in Franklin NC, so we left home and drove up to Lake Fontana. After fueling up we drove up the famed Dragons Back (US129), which is 318 curves in 11 miles! WooHoo!! Then we cut over to the Cherohala Skyway for our return trip home. The Cherohala is like the Blue Ridge Parkway - tops out at 5,400 feet - except less crowded. The trip encompassed 242miles, 8 hours (including all stops and a roadside lunch). The was the Honda S2000 weekend up at Fontana Village and they were everywhere. It'd be nice to see a gathering of EOSs up there for a fun weekend.
Techvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
David Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techvet View Post
Earlier today my wife and I took Dash (our 2014 EOS Komfort) out for a spin. We live in Franklin NC, so we left home and drove up to Lake Fontana. After fueling up we drove up the famed Dragons Back (US129), which is 318 curves in 11 miles! WooHoo!! Then we cut over to the Cherohala Skyway for our return trip home. The Cherohala is like the Blue Ridge Parkway - tops out at 5,400 feet - except less crowded. The trip encompassed 242miles, 8 hours (including all stops and a roadside lunch). The was the Honda S2000 weekend up at Fontana Village and they were everywhere. It'd be nice to see a gathering of EOSs up there for a fun weekend.
Enclosed pictures would actually make this trip of yours exciting for the rest of us.

Just being facetious. I am sure they will be forthcoming.

09 Eos/Tech Pkg/RNS510/Silver&Blk Leather Seats/Custom Flr Mats/Sherwood Dash Kit/K&N Air/Gentex HomeLink/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/SmartTOP/Auto Headlights/Full LED Interior Lights Including Foot Wells Front-Rear-Trunk/Under Seat Drawer/YellowTop Battery/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L BlueTooth/Dash Cubby/Chrome Mirror-DoorHandle Covers/B U Camera/Trunk Spoiler.

2013 CC Sport Plus
David Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:45 AM   #3
garner49

We've done all that in our '97 Miata; to Helen, GA, and around in the Eos. The Eos is more for the longer trips that we must use Interstates, the Miata for the shorter trips and those curvy roads.

People have come from all over the world to drive the Tail of the Dragon. Read a story about a couple that came over from England, bought a Miata and drove the Dragon and some other great roads for a month - sold the Miata and went home...

Old 01-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
soulvengeance

We just recently moved to NC, so I'm looking forward to trying out the Tail of the Dragon.
soulvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
Mr Blacky

Thumbs up Tail of the Dragon

Hello All, I just purchased a new 2016 Eos, Harmony Motors Asheville NC, and had wanted to run the Dragon with my wife, maybe do an extra day there, currently the weather is too cold an wet and so we decided to wait on a warm springtime run. I did recently see part of a program on Volocity TV "The List" they ran the Tail and checked it off their list but, unfortunately, they got themselves a speeder also, going 61 in a 30!! Wonder if the show producers pay for that pain in the wallet?

The stock Eos handles pretty well and predictable, with stability on or off, looking forward to Rte 129 soon.
Mr Blacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement