Vs Eos Roof Problems - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.K. > Scotland

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Pac1701

Default Vs Eos Roof Problems

Hi all southside Glasgow guy here.
Problems with roof. Windows go down sunroof rolls back. Then the motor makes a gurn and get system error close convertible roof. I have replaced roof motor in boot. Still no difference. Changed ecu to try and eliminate that also. Has anyone got any advice, any recommendations for good independent garages in Glasgow area.
Pac1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
Andy tsi eos

Hi there

Don't know any independent garages for the roof, but Arnold Clark, Rutherglen know about the roof. They replaced the 6 securing bolts on my roof after I got it to cure a rattle. Wasn't cheap though. 8 for bolts, 140 labour. Also got them to install cruise control.

Hth
2.0 TDI Sport 2007.5. Black with red leather. Cruise Control. Wind Deflector. RNS310 GPS Radio running Version 7 maps. Warning Triangle. Mtec cross drilled front discs. Hankook K120 tyres all round. Fully refurbished Solitude 17" alloys. LED licence plate lights. LED side lights.
Andy tsi eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:06 AM   #3
voxmagna

Sounds to me like something is stuck or jammed and the motor is going off on overload. Does the trunk lid swing out, because that is the first 'hydraulic' action before the main roof disconnects and goes up. Is the trunk unlocking, because if it wasn't the hydraulics would stop.

From what I can see of the roof system, some of those black cords are pulled to release locks when parts start moving. vagcom would tell you more than the MFD display. Have you checked and compared coding of the parts you replaced? Don't assume new part always come correctly coded plug & play.

The other item early in the roof operation cycle, before the top section lifts, are the two side flaps that swing out just after the rear windows hit bottom. There are sensors that confirm whether they are folded out or shut. If one stays stuck jammed closed, the roof operation will abort at that point, but you should be able to reverse back with the roof switch to close the sunroof and raise the window glasses.

I suggest if you are able to reverse back from the roof fault point, then something may be physically jammed.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
voxmagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy tsi eos View Post
Hi there

Don't know any independent garages for the roof, but Arnold Clark, Rutherglen know about the roof. They replaced the 6 securing bolts on my roof after I got it to cure a rattle. Wasn't cheap though. 8 for bolts, 140 labour. Also got them to install cruise control.

Hth
That price was pretty good for everything. I installed my own cruise and it's a fiddly job removing the steering wheel and trim - then you have to re-code it and make sure it works. What was wrong with the bolts? Did they come with VW blue Loctite pre-primed on the threads?
Old 09-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #5
Andy tsi eos

Hi there

No, that was the price for doing the roof work. Cruise was extra 200ish.

I had a rattle and they said one bolt was missing or really loose, so best change all of them. Made a big difference.
2.0 TDI Sport 2007.5. Black with red leather. Cruise Control. Wind Deflector. RNS310 GPS Radio running Version 7 maps. Warning Triangle. Mtec cross drilled front discs. Hankook K120 tyres all round. Fully refurbished Solitude 17" alloys. LED licence plate lights. LED side lights.
Andy tsi eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
voxmagna

Thanks. The reason I asked about the bolts is some VAG bolts come pre-coated with a form of blue Loctite. Removing each bolt one at a time and putting a spot of Loctite on the threads wouldn't be a huge job.

I guess most shops will be charging 50-75 an hour these days and they always seem to round up to an hour!
Old 09-15-2015, 03:58 AM   #7
ashbinder

Sorry to interject, but is there a good DIY guide for these bolts? I've got a pretty annoying rattle in my 08 and this sounds like it might be a potential fix...this isn't the same as the "shims" issue, right?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
ashbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #8
voxmagna

Before you rush off chasing the bolts Andy talks about, feel along the hand brake cables starting at each rear wheel. If there's a flat worn as the cable crosses the under chassis stiffener bar, that will be your 'clunk and rattle'. I've posted a note about it. Hope yours is fixed by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement