I Just fitted cruise control 20! - Page 2 - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.K.

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #26
Uncle David

Default Added Cruise Control

Yep....another one. Just added it this morning. I used a genuine VW cruise control kit for my 2008 EOS TDI Auto. The car has MFD and steering wheel controls plus paddles. I only used the kit since I spotted it on fleabay and it was GBP 55.00 which I thought was rather a bargain. Comes with detailed instructions, tie wraps, the special wire with terminations (I didn't need) plus retrofit stickers in several languages.

Overall, with Voxmagna's post above and the video link, (Many thanks!) I managed to do it in a little over two hours.(mainly due to faffing about finding tools). The airbag is a bit awkward to get off and I think I may well look into bending a flat blade screwdriver in the future (as per the video) It's easy to scratch your instrument cluster plastic if you're not careful. Coding took a couple of attempts as I initially selected the wrong code. Anyhow, job done and works a treat! Happy days!

For reference above, mine doesn't show the speed set in the MFD either.
Uncle David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #27
voxmagna

It makes a difference having it, especially on all those roadworks stretches with speedcams.

Now I have cruise as factory fitted from new on another VAG I'm curious about the way my Chinese clone works in MY07 EOS.

MY07 EOS puts on the green cruise symbol showing it is active as soon as I slide the stalk switch across to 'on'. I tend to leave it active all the time and the cruise symbol is always on in my MFD.

However, our later VAG factory fitted cruise only puts the cruise light on when you push the stalk button to activate it, even though the slide switch is always set for cruise 'on'. It's not something I'm that bothered about and may be something in the clone stalk firmware.

What happens with your cruise switch and the green cruise symbol?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #28
Andy tsi eos

Hi there

My light only comes on after I set the speed.
Mines a genuine vag one reto fitted by a main dealer.

Hth
2.0 TDI Sport 2007.5. Black with red leather. Cruise Control. Wind Deflector. RNS310 GPS Radio running Version 7 maps. Warning Triangle. Mtec cross drilled front discs. Hankook K120 tyres all round. Fully refurbished Solitude 17" alloys. LED licence plate lights. LED side lights.
Andy tsi eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #29
scratchedeos

In Australia cruise control was standard. In my 2007 model when you turn on the Cruise with the switch on the top of the lever the light turns on. When it is actually enabled there are no light changes. In our MK VI Golf 2011 - it has the white lighting on the instruments not the red, the light in the dash only comes on when the cruise is finally activated. The speed that was last set is shown at the bottom of the MFD.

2007 2.0TDI 6 speed Manual Paprika Black Leather, Sat Nav,18's and Xenons Western Australia
scratchedeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #30
voxmagna

Quote:
In Australia cruise control was standard. In my 2007 model when you turn on the Cruise with the switch on the top of the lever the light turns on. When it is actually enabled there are no light changes.
Thanks. That makes me think the difference in logic was either changed in the early/later ECU firmware or the instrument module and not the stalks. My other VAG which works like your Golf is a 2012. I don't think I want to go messing with firmware updates for either unless they go wrong.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement