Floor mats - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.S.

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:07 AM   #1
fitz

Default Floor mats

I have a 2010 Eos and live in the northeast. I use the rubber mats in the winter and the one on the driver side is showing a lot of wear. I would like to replace it, but am looking for something tougher then the standard mat. Anyone have a rubber mat that has held up well?
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #2
David Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
I have a 2010 Eos and live in the northeast. I use the rubber mats in the winter and the one on the driver side is showing a lot of wear. I would like to replace it, but am looking for something tougher then the standard mat. Anyone have a rubber mat that has held up well?
I suggest adding a heel plate like I did on my custom made carpet mats.
Check out my Album. Link located below.

Or..............since I have never used my OEM rubber mats and never plan to, you can purchase them at a much cheaper price than the dealer charges.

Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,after spending all of 5 seconds of searching on the internet, I found.....

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...gn=Weathertech

09 Eos/Tech Pkg/RNS510/Silver&Blk Leather Seats/Custom Flr Mats/Sherwood Dash Kit/K&N Air/Gentex HomeLink/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/SmartTOP/Auto Headlights/Full LED Interior Lights Including Foot Wells Front-Rear-Trunk/Under Seat Drawer/YellowTop Battery/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L BlueTooth/Dash Cubby/Chrome Mirror-DoorHandle Covers/B U Camera/Trunk Spoiler.

2013 CC Sport Plus
David Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
fitz

Thanks David-
Yeah- I had seen the weathertech ones. Has anyone used them and had them last? Also do I have to trim to fit?- One reviewer said that was necessary. But I only found a couple reviews about the Eos in particular.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #4
paulg
2012 EOS Highline

I use the EOS weathertech mats and they fit perfectly and i love them. Only downside that some people say is they are not as grippy as rubber mats. I guess the more slippery surface of the weathertech could make it uncomfortable for some. I use them all year round as they seem to protect the carpeting around the matts the best. I find there is very little dirt/gravel that gets under the weathertech mats.

The stock carpet and the stock rubber mats that came with my EOS have been put away unused for whenever i sell the EOS

Last edited by paulg; 05-07-2014 at 12:04 AM.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #5
fitz

Thank you both- I am off to shop- I put away my carpeted mats for later as well. I dont think I will sell my baby for a while though

Paulg did you get the plain mats or the digital fit floor mats?

Last edited by fitz; 05-07-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #6
paulg
2012 EOS Highline

I bought the digital fit for the front only. I rarely have rear passengers, therefore, didn't buy the back seat mats

Last edited by paulg; 05-07-2014 at 05:40 AM.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
fitz

Thank you paulg.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Matthew
2014 Horizon Blue

I'll echo fitz's gratitude. I've been considering the front-only digital fit WeatherTech mats for when my Eos comes in. Good to hear some solid feedback from someone who's lived with them.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
Doug360

I use the Weather tech mats as well. They are excellent for anyone living in a winter climate. I bought my other car new and used Pant-Saver mats in the winter. After a couple winters the carpeting has the white staining around the edges where the mat ends and is looking quite shabby. My Eos had never seen a winter when I bought it even though it was 3 years old. It still looked like new and I wanted to keep it that way. After driving it this last winter and using the Weather Tech mats the carpeting is still perfect. The Mats also still look perfect, although granted it only has been one winter.
2010 Komfort, Shadow blue with cornsilk interior, Sport Package, 18" Voxx wheels with Pirelli tires for summer, 18" factory wheels with Blizzak tires for winter, rear camera, GPS, Bluetooth, Ipod audio system, Weather Tech moulded floor mats for winter, rear factory splash guards, sun visor garage door opener.
Doug360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #10
ecavuoto

VW also sells the Monster Mats which I believe is different from standard weather mats. I use them and they look very sturdy. Are you currently using the Monster Mats?
ecavuoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:49 AM   #11
2015VeeDubya

The weathertech mats are custom made and will protect the sides and should be kept in year round. I have the weathertechs that are flat rather than the digital but I don't drive my Eos in the snow; otherwise I would have opted for them. They are well made.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #12
JimEd
JimEd53

Like others have noted, Weathertech makes a great product.
I put the digitalfit ones on the front. And have had no problems.
They keep the grit/moisture from leaking out to the sides. Here in the northeast, we get plenty of both during the winter!

Volkswagen Eos DigitalFit® FloorLiner™
Part #: 442691
'12 Eos Komfort 2L I4 TSI, 6spd DSG (Black/Anthracite)
JimEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:43 AM   #13
Jazz

I purchase Weather tech mats for the front and rear for my EOS 2016. It originally came with upgrade EOS Monster mats with logo, black. I even purchase the hard plastic truck liner from VW. Weathertech mats is the way to go. I purchase the tan to match the interior.
If you pay for shipping and handling, I will give you the Eos monster mats for free. that front and back.
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #14
Steve0
Happy Member

I was replacing the Monster Mats every year. They're just not that durable. Now I have the WeatherTech mats, and they are durable. A plus for me: they're not black (I have the cornsilk interior).
Old 08-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #15
ecavuoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
I was replacing the Monster Mats every year. They're just not that durable. Now I have the WeatherTech mats, and they are durable. A plus for me: they're not black (I have the cornsilk interior).
Wow...every year? I've own my 2015 Eos for a year and the Driver side Monster Mat still looks new. Maybe I'm not heavy duty enough on it (It's normally just me in the car so the other mats in the car are always new looking so that doesn't count in the discussion...)
ecavuoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
floor, mats