End of the Road? - Page 2 - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.S.

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:28 AM   #26
Steve0
Happy Member

Thanks, guys. I purchased the BMW today, and the dealership towed my not-so-old Eos 64 miles from the VW garage to their shop. The garage was too busy to take the SmartTop out before the tow arrived, but the BMW salesman said his service department could get it out for me. I handed him a copy of the installation manual. We'll see.

Now I find out that BMW service costs are rapacious. I did purchase a maintenance program that adds 24 months/50,000 miles of routine maintenance, from oil changes to brake replacement. Ordinarily I would say no, but coincidentally, a person from VW garage called me just as the BMW salesman was pitching the program. I told her the deal (they know what things cost), and they said it was good.

So I am now without an Eos. I guess this means I'll be fading away from this forum and ramping up in some BMW forum somewhere. I do have a few Eos items to sell off and then I'll be on my way. I know I haven't been the most active participant here but I did visit every day. My thanks to everyone who ever posted here and helped make my Eos experience fun.

Last edited by Steve0; 08-27-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Steve0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #27
Batjes

Sorry about how it all ended for you, guess you are not alone! I wish you well and are happy that at least you stayed with a European/German car anyway
Old 08-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #28
Lucid Nonsense
Save the manuals!

Steve0, I think you'll be happy with the '13 328i convertible. This 3-Series generation has the last normally-aspirated motors (aside from the 335i), so you won't have the added complexity of a turbo.

Be forewarned that with the advent of new-car free maintenance, BMW factory maintenance intervals are woefully inadequate. Lots of "lifetime" fluids in the transmission, differential, etc., which is bunk. Do a search for "Mike Miller's Lifetime Maintenance Schedule" - he goes into detail what the service intervals should be. He writes a column for the BMW Car Club of America's magazine Roundel. Recommend you joint the BMWCCA. It's $48/year, and you get parts and service discounts at BMW dealers. Plus, a nice monthly magazine.

For BMW websites, I'm on E46Fanatics a lot, but for your car check out E90Fanatics. I don't know if they are as active as the E46 one. There's also an E90 forum on Bimmerfest.

I've had my 2001 325i wagon for over six years. It's nowhere near as fast as our Eos, but it handles much better. It has certainly kept me busy with maintenance. Fortunately parts aren't too expensive and I do almost all the work myself. Key with BMWs is to keep ahead of things.

Good luck!
Advertisement