Compendium of Links to VW Group Technical, DIY and Other Information - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #1
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

Default Compendium of Links to VW Group Technical, DIY and Other Information

The following link was posted on the Australian VW Watercooled Forum and I am passing it on for the information of our Eos community - I have not had the opportunity to look for Eos-specific links yet and would appreciate anyone who finds specific information relevant to the Eos posting the relevant link in this thread.

The categories for VW study guides, OBD [On Board Diagnostics], TSB [Technical Service Bulletins] etc may be fertile ground for investigation

http://www.vaglinks.com/VAGLinks.asp

I trust this may be of assistance to our members
Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Australian specification - Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim. Her 12 year old grand-daughter has now staked a claim for future ownership when my partner is no longer capable of driving .
silvershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

A comprehensive list of Bosch drive belts may be found on the following link:

http://eziautoparts.com.au/pdf/Bosch_Drive_Belts.pdf

I have extracted the VW listing and you can download it from the attached ZIP file - had to use this to work around attachment size limit for PDF files ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bosch Drive Belts for VW.zip (78.6 KB, 17 views)
Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Australian specification - Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim. Her 12 year old grand-daughter has now staked a claim for future ownership when my partner is no longer capable of driving .
Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
voxmagna

Many of the links are for other VAG cars. But here is a gift (not on the list) I found for those that have not acquired their own VW EOS ETKA parts listing (with diagrams!).

http://www.partscats.com/volkswagen/...tgr=1234567890
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2016, 12:40 AM   #4
jimti

Lightbulb Updated link to ETKA parts list (with diagrams)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna View Post
Many of the links are for other VAG cars. But here is a gift (not on the list) I found for those that have not acquired their own VW EOS ETKA parts listing (with diagrams!).

http://www.partscats.com/volkswagen/...tgr=1234567890
This link appears to be broken now, but I have found another which gets you to another ETKA parts list for all VAG cars, but I had trouble using the VIN lookup and had to search for my car manually which was very easy
LINK
Old 09-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
voxmagna

Thanks-These sites are just hosting the VW ETKA parts lists and VIN won't work on the ripoff parts lists either because the software has to call the mothership to get VIN specific info! Therein you have to be careful because in any single EOS year you can have several variations in parts and they may have modified a part changing its number.

Once you have discovered your EOS factory engine and transmission codes you can see the range of parts. When you remove a part you will often find a part number on it somewhere. If you have to buy parts from a dealership always get them to check for the correct part, even though you think you may have the right number. The other gotcha is Chinese sourced parts like control modules. Their new clones can be 2 or 3 generations old. I've also noticed subtleties in their hardware and software design - they are NOT true copies although the housings may look the same!

I recently had issues buying pads and discs from Eurocarparts online. For my year there were 3 possible choices and ECP didn't have VIN lookup. The only way they could be sure was comparing old pads with new, which I did in the shop. Just be careful ordering a part you found on the online or offline parts lists.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
aku-aku

I found the Self Study Programme for the Eos as part of a big archive available here (it's not on vaglinks): http://www.cardiagn.com/vag-self-study-program-ssp/ - amongst other things, it has a pretty good description of the roof mechanism and its operation.

I also found a whole bunch of technical information, component wiring diagrams, maintenance procedures etc for the Eos here: http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/
aku-aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

Thanks aku-aku - any information that will help others is always welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement