To 'Chirp' or not to 'Chirp' - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
voxmagna

Default To 'Chirp' or not to 'Chirp'

Since I've had my EOS I've had the door unlock/lock chirp turned off. I thought it was a bit of a naff feature mean't to wake the neighbours on early morning starts.

Now I've changed my mind and will turn it on with vcds. The latest scam news is criminals are sitting in large motorway parking lots with keyfob jammers. Somebody thinks they locked their car but doesn't listen for the lock clunk or see the turn signal flash, walks away for a burger and the perps steal all their valuables! Apparently the plods are getting over 16 calls a day for car content theft from these parking lots.

Christmas is coming when we drive with expensive presents in our cars so U.K members take care.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
gixerben

Hi Vox, I never had the chirps on either my Golf or my EOS, but since I upgraded my CCM in the GTI I have switched them on and it was one of the first things I done on the EOS.

I like the audible add to confirm closure, and to be honest the EOS chirp is very discrete, and the GTI a tad louder but not in anyway naff
gixerben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #3
voxmagna

I'll try it this weekend. Although personally I find the loud clunk from the locks inside the hollow door skins pretty loud and hard to miss.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
gixerben

very true, must be drowning out the chirp, still a nice little touch to confirm.
gixerben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement