fuel consumption - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.K.

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
CIB

Default fuel consumption

250 mile journey this morning, mainly on motorways (including the dreaded M25) driving at between 70 and 75 mph --- 61.9 mpg
(Oh I forgot to say that my husband was driving - that's why we were driving so slowly!!)
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Jake Bullit

Thats good,I think were averaging about 47,mostly urban driving.
WD6050 satnav bluetooth,dvd.
Rear wind deflector(cheers PEN).
Jake Bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
David44

The best I've had from a tank full is 45 MPG..... but mine is a petrol

Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
NinjaDonkey

Getting that MPG (on mine anyway) does require a light foot on the old pedal, I've had about 60MPG before but only a couple of times
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
CIB

It's just so booooooring though!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
V6 Bandit

I get 60 mpg!! But only when driving my company skip.. Ford Mondeo (sorry to offend)!!
Lucky to get 30 mpg from the Eos, but I have got a lead foot.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
han
Some Random New Guy

Hmm, forgive this ignorant yank but I am guessing that miles and gallons changed in the US at some point? I am excited when my EOS puts out over 30. I drove 40 miles last night, all highway and pushed 35 towards the end of the drive using cruise control locked in at 60mph.
han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
V6 Bandit

Hi han
I think miles are the same but a UK gallon is 4.54 litres, wheras a US gallon is 3.78 litres.
Cheers
Tim
Old 04-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
Eos_Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Bandit View Post
Hi han
I think miles are the same but a UK gallon is 4.54 litres, wheras a US gallon is 3.78 litres.
For the rest of us Yanks, using the above figures, just multiply whatever you're gas mileage is by 120% and that would what you would be getting if you were juicing with UK imperial gallons. In my case, the best mileage was a bit over 33 which would transpose to around 40 MPG.

Also, remember we only have the 2.0 Turbo while in Europe there are some small engines that probably crank out better mileage. I think they have a 1.4 L and also a diesel option that gets great mileage. However, with what we pay here in the states for diesel fuel, much if not all that advantage is lost.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
CIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos_Up View Post
For the rest of us Yanks, using the above figures, just multiply whatever you're gas mileage is by 120% and that would what you would be getting if you were juicing with UK imperial gallons. In my case, the best mileage was a bit over 33 which would transpose to around 40 MPG.

Also, remember we only have the 2.0 Turbo while in Europe there are some small engines that probably crank out better mileage. I think they have a 1.4 L and also a diesel option that gets great mileage. However, with what we pay here in the states for diesel fuel, much if not all that advantage is lost.
Mine's a 2.0 litre diesel. Remember it was my husband who got the over 60 mpg. I'd be lucky to get 50 - but I like to DRIVE the car; that's what it's for!!
(He's watching as I type this ....)
Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
han
Some Random New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos_Up View Post
For the rest of us Yanks, using the above figures, just multiply whatever you're gas mileage is by 120% and that would what you would be getting if you were juicing with UK imperial gallons. .........
You learn something new every day -- thank you.
han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
Spursdad82
2007 2.0 FSI

To add to this discussion I've been getting around 38 British ?! MPG on a mix of town, motorway and London driving ! That's not too bad I think...
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
123-slowman

Default mpg

Hello I have viewed this with interest as I play with getting the best mpg
What I have found if you have the computer set to the instant mpg display
as you vary your pressure on the throttle you can lighten your foot to gain the best result.
Without being labelled to pedantic if you anticipate a little in general we can both get up to 60 on the second overall display.
I managed today on a 45 mile journey of mixed A and B roads sticking to posted limits in as higher gear as possible also down a gear and a couple of overtakes
My record which was a bit pedantic 70.1
These are all display mpg and I would say optimistic by 5mpg
123-slowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
FirestarterUK
EOS Driver

If you have the FSI turbo petrol you be lucky to get more than 32 out of it. i suspect most on here are quoting the dreaded black stuff..
FirestarterUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
A.J.

I have a 2.0 Fsi Turbo and on a long non motorway run I have had almost 40mpg. That would however be with the wife and that would have quite an influence on the way I drove.

However around town it is really c**p, not much more than 20mpg
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #16
Tintin

Default Fun-tastic

If I decide to have a bit of fun, it can easily go down to single digit mpg
EOS T-FSI, Shadow Blue, Westwood 17' wheels, Cornsilk Beige Vienna leather, iPod connectivity, Luxury Pack, Multifunction leather steering wheel, Bluefined in April 2012, Kufatec Fiscon bluetooth kit installed in March 2013 and a RCD 300 head unit replaced with a RCD 510 in August 2016
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
Ray-of-Sunshine

Default 63.3mpg(UK) from a 2.0 TDI DSG

I generally average around 50mpg(UK) or just under that when urban driving, bit much motorways where I live so my driving is just mainly on single carriageway A-roads a few weeks ago I went on a economy Sunday drive and managed a round with a few stopovers the trop was 81 miles and I managed to achieve overall 63.3mpg(UK) at one point 5miles from hone I was averaging 64.6mpg(UK) but its a long gradual uphill climb o my home so I was both surprised and amazed as I believe the best your supposed to get from a 2.0 Diesel DSG is 61.1mpg(UK).
(MY12) 2012 2.0 TDI Exclusive DSG Rising Blue on top of the many standard UK Specification features the following options are fitted to the car: Bi-Xennons Headlights, Paddle Shift, Cruise Control, Dynaudio Sound Pack, RNS510 DVD Touch Screen Naviation/Radio System with intergrated Voice Control, Electric Front Seats with 12 way Adjustment and Easy Entry, Winter Pack & Luxury Pack.

My Additions 18" Space Saver Spare Wheel & Full Toolkit, Warning Triangle and Wind Deflector/Break.
Ray-of-Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement