2008 EOS Radio - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.S.

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #1
lennut

Default 2008 EOS Radio

I bought my daughter a 2008 EOS a few months back and in the center console there is a place to plug a cable in. Is this cable for hooking up a Ipod and if so what is the wire called and where can I get one...
lennut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
Sipops

If the cable slot looks like this http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technolo...chnologies/mdi then its the standard VW fit. There are plenty of cables available depending on which ipod you wish to plug in. Check Ebay.
Kenwood Head Unit + Dynaudio Sound System
Sipops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
Atl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipops View Post
If the cable slot looks like this http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technolo...chnologies/mdi then its the standard VW fit. There are plenty of cables available depending on which ipod you wish to plug in. Check Ebay.
I don't think they had that one on the 2008's (I wish they did)

Lennut, Is it a circular hole the size of a standard iPod headphone jack? Is it labelled "aux in" like the picture attached? If so, all you need is a standard 3.5mm audio cable like this: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-C...+cable+for+mp3

The uncoiled ones are even cheaper. You can buy them everywhere. Your daughter may even have one already.

Plug it in, turn on the radio and press the CD button twice so the display says "aux in"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10486-mg8434s.jpg (52.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Atl; 12-12-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #4
FSJ Guy

Is the plug at the bottom of a rectangular shaped hole? Is the plug itself long and skinny?

If it's like my 2008, you can simply plug your 30 pin iPod directly into it! Mine makes the radio think that the iPod is a 6 changer so you can only access the first 5 playlists. (Slot 6 allows you to play all the songs on the iPod)
Advertisement