Battery drain on rns 315 - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
matkalg

Default Battery drain on rns 315

Hi everyone

I've owned my 2007 Eos 1.6 for about 7 years now and have recently updated the stereo from the factory fitted to the Rns315 with bluetooth so the wife has a sat nav and phone hands free (safety in mind). After fitting with no clear problems I have noticed my battery drains overnight, now i know there are many people with the same problem on here but the answers are a bit sketchy, I possibly understand i may need a newer CanBus module which I need to fit but none states a clear version needed i think its a 1K0 907 530 AA but am unsure. I have no experience of programming car computers and i have seen stories of Long coding I can try myself or can take it to a dealer if required as i am not a total dimwit but may need some clear detailed advice.

I also have a problem with the driver side rear window. The control on the driver door will open the window but in the opposite way to all the other buttons, Also the dash computer states a door open and the internal light stays on until i manually press O on the overhead button

Many thanks in advance
matkalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
mickjane2

It does sound like you need a later canbus, but without a scan to show which one you have I can't tell which one you need. You also need to get a full vcds scan on your window, door and light problem so they can be sorted.

Mick
2010 EOS 2.0 tdi dsg xenons, Black leather electric seats, folding mirrors, RNS 510, 18x8j alloys, front fogs, Door projector lenses, LED footwell lights OEM Bluetooth, OEM front and rear mud flaps, Chrome mirror covers.Sport pedals and dead pedal, led mirror puddle lights and front side lights.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.

2010 Tiguan Match 2.0 tdi dsg
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
FSJ Guy

X2 on the VCDS scan.

VCDS is a little on the $$ side, but it will pay for itself easily!!! No more dealer trips to get trouble codes checked out.

www.ross-tech.com
Advertisement