Recirculate button problem - won't stay on - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.S.

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
sianni

Default Recirculate button problem - won't stay on

I Drive in the smelly city on a daily basis and I find myself behind trucks with bad exhaust constantly.
I would like my recirculate button to remain ON at all times.

Every time I start the car in the morning I have to remember to turn on the recirculate button. You never know when you are going to be behind a vehicle with bad exhaust and when you realize it, it's too late to turn on the recirculate button. I wish it would just stay on permanently.

New problem now, is that I noticed in the winter it's even worse... The recirculate button does not stay on while I am driving. It keeps turning off every 20 minutes or so. This is really annoying and when I die of lung cancer I am going to sue Volkswagen. I don't want to breathe nasty exhaust air while driving through the city. Why do they even bother to tease me with this button if it is not going to work correctly.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Can anyone suggest a solution?
sianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Paulzooms
07 2.0 Lux DSG White/Gray

I don't have a solution but also do not like the way the Recird and economy button work in my 07. I would like to have them persist in closed/on. On start the econ is on and Recirc is open. When I close Recirc, Econ goes off and has to be turn on. What a PITA. Gotta do the finger Polka everytime I start the car...
Paulzooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement