My car is junk I think - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
Darkaffect

Default My car is junk I think

I hope people are still paying attention to this my car is making that clicking noise and wont start but at the same time it's not getting any lights on the dash the info center has nothing displaying the radio doesn't come on the top won't move the batteries were dead so I charged them and they're both holding at 6.2v but still nothing it sounds like a ticking time bomb I parked the car for a while I had to do some work to the rear end i got that done went to start it and now this i really don't know i checked every single fuse not a single one is blown if anyone out there knows what's going on I'd really appreciate your help please and thank you
Darkaffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
voxmagna

Link cable between the batteries, dirty or corroded terminals? What about AA/RAC/Greenflag homestart membership? They can probably sort that out fairly easily, unless you've been messing about and broken something? If the batteries both went dead, then a fault caused that unless the batteries were old and clapped out.

Most cars have a chassis ground bolt and thick wire from there to the battery negative terminal. Is that connected? Maybe time for a breakdown tow to the garage?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
Darkaffect

The links that goto the fuse box Underhood the the built in fuses It's like 1 50 2 80s and 1 2000 failed a continuity test the only thing that would work are the interior lights and the running lights so I took all those links out looking for them to quit working and they didn't so I may have found the issue so I ordered them and they'll be here in about 7 hours I'm gong to reconnect them and hopefully that works I'll keep you posted thanks for the reply

Old 06-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
Darkaffect

These little shits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170619_100524_1497952203484.jpg (89.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
voxmagna

Those fuses are the last resort (before smoke & fire) so something really bad must have happened? If I lost just one of those I'd really want to know why, because they are feeders for the secondary fuse blocks. If you had dropped a wrench across the fuse busbar, that would be a plausible explanation. Have you tested for a short back from each fuse holder when open? If you don't and a serious fault is still there, your new fuses will just go 'pop'.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement