Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Window rolls down by itself

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Denisewinegodess 
#1 ·
I bought my EOS in the spring. Three times in the last month the drivers side window has rolled down by itself when I close the door. The dealer can't find the cause of the problem but I'm afraid it might happen again when it's raining and I won't notice it until it's too late. Has anyone had a problem with windows going down on their own?

#2 ·
Service told me if you press twice the button on your key pad as your walking away from the car it goes down a bit.
Have mine in service today for a few minor faults 3 weeks old.

#3 ·
Depends on how far down your window is going.
If it is more than an inch or two, it might be the anti-pinch
protection kicking in. If so, the windows need adjustment and there
is a TSB that covers the issue.

#4 ·
There has been quite a bit of correspondence about this problem here some months ago (I've had it too but on the passenger side). Think it's just a seal problem that some lubrication will solve. Try it anyway.

#5 ·
happened to me a couple of times, first time just as it was about to rain and it was the driver window! VW assist came out, and by then i'd managed to sort it!
I found by playing around with the window, and taking it to just below the point where it fell - it would hit the top and then just shoot right down. Anyway, found that point, shut the door, and it raised itself slightly.

After posting on here, was told about the pinch sensors. Another time, the back passenger one has done it twice too, but a running a finger along the seals solved the problem - seems even the most minute things can set them off.

#7 ·
I have had some problems when I put the roof up the back windo does not always close properly and I have to use the window control to complete the action. Do any of you have this problem? It is going in for its 15.000km service in a couple of months so will be discussing this with the dealership then.
SILVER, RED NAPPA, AUTO, 2 LITRE TURBO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.