Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

iphone in center console as MP3 player??

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AndySC 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the iphone will work in the center console to listen to music on the stereo?? It does not list it in my manual. I would like to get the iphone, but unsure if I can use it this way.

#2 ·
Other people on here have reported that it fits OK at least the iTouch and its the same case.

#3 ·
I have ipod touch same size as iphone and it fits if you don't use any of the adapters included with your car. If you are upgrading from another ipod just take out the adapter and you will be all set.

#6 ·
it works but...

I have tried the iPhone in the console, and yes it does fit - but it is too tall for the arm rest to close fully. You'll want to click up your arm rest a notch so you don't damage the top of the phone.

You'll also want to be sure to put the iphone into airplane mode before you dock it. No telling what damage could happen if you get lots of calls while its docked. I doubt those speakers are shielded from the GSM interference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.