'Cracked front consoles' in service report - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Suspension & Handling

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
emmeff

Default 'Cracked front consoles' in service report

I have a third-hand 2007 EOS, and it just had the 100,000 km service. I live in Geneva (Switzerland) but my spoken French skills are quite poor.

Listed in the items for attention are 'consoles av. craquelees' which I interpret as 'cracked front consoles'. Google is not helping me much to identify this problem, but as far as I can see from searching it probably has something to do with the suspension system, at the point where the wheels connect with the chassis.

Does this seem likely? What are the implications in terms of driving the vehicle until repaired, and in terms of the work required for the repair?
emmeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
voxmagna

A similar problem is going to a foreign doctor being told you have a serious heart problem and need an operation - but you can't understand a word or when you nod you agreed to a limb amputation which was diabetese related, then have a big fright when you wake up from anaesthetic!

Your safety and that of others might depend on your vehicle being right. Garage mechanics often use technical short hand you may not find in a translator or dictionary.

If you want more information why not ask the garage to physically show you the problem? If you are not mechanically minded just nod your head for an estimate, let them fix it and pay the bill or get a second opinion.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
repair, suspension, wheels