Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Reflex Silver paint

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Hayman002 
#1 ·
I have a Nov 2006 manufactured vehicle, it is painted a light silver, I need to purchase some touch-up paint, can someone confirm the colour is called "Reflex Silver" just making sure there is not different shades of silver
over the various years

#2 ·
Yes, it is Reflex Silver but please take into account any sun fade and other weather factors over the years.

Of course, touch up paint, unless it is a large area, won't make a heck of a lot of difference, regardless of sun or weather.

#3 ·
The paint code can be found on the white options sticker that will either be in the spare wheel well in the boot or stuck inside the service book. Best to get the actual paint code to ensure you get the right touch up paint.

Be aware though that not only fade can affect the colour but there are actually variations in the original colour. When I went to have my spoiler painted they pulled out 5 swatches for the same paint code, all subtly different! Like different amounts of metallic flake or some had a more blue tint to others. It was really hard to get a precise match. You should be ok with a small touch up.

If the area is quite large then consider a mobile paint repairer, they can fix up scratches really well and blend the paint in.

Adam

#4 ·
If you are just touching up chips, it won't make much difference.

As a matter of fact, I have found over the years, that touching up chips can look almost as bad as leaving them alone, in spite of having a perfect color match with the touch up paint.

If you have chips that are down to bare metal, which is unusual, almost any color similar to your OEM will be okay, but be sure to cover it with a clear coat touch up as well.

If you are as finicky as me, you will also polish it with a white polishing compound the next day and then wax the area.

However, like the previous poster and I suggested, larger areas can be noticably different due weather and color differentials.

Bottom line, don't expect perfection when doing touch ups. Only professional body shops can make us perfectionists completely happy.

Hopefully, you are not one of us.:D

But if you are........................be prepared to spend big bucks.

#7 ·
reflex silver and silver eessence are actually 2 different colours..I have an '08 Aus spec which is definately Reflex Silver... just to confuse matters... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.