The Best Type of Eos Available - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Supporting Vendors > Motors.co.uk

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Motors.co.uk
Supporting Vendor

Default The Best Type of Eos Available

The Volkswagen Eos has been in production since 2006 so there should be some excellent examples up for grabs at sites like motors.co.uk. The carís unusual name is derived from the Greek goddess of the dawn and the car has an all-round cosmopolitan feel about it, fitting firmly into the coupe/cabriolet category.
The Eos comes in 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0 litre petrol variations with a couple of newer supercharged 3.2 and 3.6 V6 models, but the most appealing Eos could well be the 2.0TDI diesel models. As well as excellent performance, they deliver very good fuel economy. There is the Exclusive BlueMotion, Sport BlueMotion and SE BlueMotion which all come in at a somewhat premium price when new but offer great value on the used market via sites like motors.co.uk. Models are basically divided between Sport and Exclusive then your petrol or diesel preference.
The Eos is aesthetically pleasing with both roof-down and roof-up; as a normal winter car it doesnít look out of place. Itís in the summer that the Eos comes into its own, offering Riviera style elegance combined with typical German sturdiness.
Wheels tend to be big 18Ē alloys Ė either Kansas or Vicenza, depending on how you like the spokes to look. The metallic or pearl effect paints are particularly sought after because of their value on the new versions of the Eos.
The Eos is a typically well-made Volkswagen, and the sounds and distortions from the interior cabin are minimal with the roof down which is particularly appealing when considering a sports cabriolet. The cabin is chunky and sporty with low slung, deep seats giving a racing feel and sense of purpose rather than being a cutesy second car type of vehicle.
The Eos now sells brand new from around just over £26,000 so you might well find a few genuine bargains on motors.co.uk for such a premium price tag.
Motors.co.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
donnarmand

I just bought a new to me 2011 Eos, it did not come with a manual, the sales people will order me one. I live in Vancouver BC, and bought the extended warranty, the car cost me approx 30, 000 plus tax and the extended 80,000 warranty was almost 3 grand. I can cancell and get a refund in the next 29 days. Any suggestions as to keeping of cancelling this extended warranty? Friends tell me its a waste of money, but with the power roof, I'm a bit nervous.
donnarmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
SilverUnicorn

Hi Donnarmand -

My wife recently got a new to us 2012 Eos. I also bought the 80,000 mile warranty, SPECIFICALLY because of the roof. The roof is complicated, and I wanted it to be covered as long as possible. That said, yes, it was expensive, but just think what the roof might cost to fix (if needed). Well worth the piece of mine to me as this is a keeper car. So if they say you wasted your money, then I wasted my money too, so don't feel bad

Enjoy the ride!

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement