Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

South-east meeting November 1st

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  CIB 
#1 ·
Can my Eos be in the photos even if I don't have time to clean it? :eek:
If you want to plough, bring wellies or old shoes!

#3 ·
Are Tim and Liz coming? :confused:

Also with my new found tyre issues I'm not sure I can bring my Eos out to play at all (depending on when my dad can take a look at her) :eek:

Will keep you updated over the weekend, keep your fingers crossed!

#6 ·
I have a problem!!

Both of my kids are ILL! So I am not going to be able to make it... If it was just one of them, then I could have come by myself, but as of this morning, both are Ill!!

Please could someone pass a message to Corinne with my sincerest apologies.

Thanks

Simon

#8 · (Edited)
Hello from Steve and Jon and Corinne and Henry and Donna and all the Eoses.

We have had a fantastic day here ploughing and chatting and eating and drinking :)

Here are some pics from the day...

...two more in the next post...

#10 ·
Hello from Steve and Jon and Corinne and Henry and Donna and all the Eoses.

We have had a fantastic day here ploughing and chatting and eating and drinking :)

Here are some pics from the day...

...two more in the next post...

Come on & don't be shy - where are the photos of the girls ploughing?

I cannot believe it was exclusively a "male thing" :D .

Pleased you had a great time and got the priorities right.

#11 ·
Well now you come to mention it, Silvershadow - it was exclusively male!! I took photographs and I think Donna needs a bit more time to get around the idea to the idea that tractor driving is a good thing - but we all had a great time nonetheless. And many many thanks to the guys - my vegetable plot is completely ploughed over. Oh and the cars were beautiful as usual but we got sidetracked from them by food and conversation and snatching a patch of good weather and teasing my brother about his new Volvo C30 :(

#12 ·
Well now you come to mention it, Silvershadow - it was exclusively male!! I took photographs and I think Donna needs a bit more time to get around the idea to the idea that tractor driving is a good thing - but we all had a great time nonetheless. And many many thanks to the guys - my vegetable plot is completely ploughed over. Oh and the cars were beautiful as usual but we got sidetracked from them by food and conversation and snatching a patch of good weather and teasing my brother about his new Volvo C30 :(

Your soil appears to be a lot heavier than what I am used to however it takes a lot to stop a Fergie. By the way, did your teasing include using the Volvo to train the tractor drivers :D :D ??

I think the cars would have been very happy to be on firm ground as it seems you might have had some "liquid sunshine" during the day.

Your ploughing event looks likely to become a tradition for the UK Eos fraternity - try and kick the blokes off next year though because you will need some practice to give us some competition if we are able to send some participants in the future :) .

#13 ·
By the way, did your teasing include using the Volvo to train the tractor drivers ??
- my brother's no longer speaking to me! Seriously, yes it threw rain down in the morning, and yes we can make pots out of our soil here (in fact Jon did spend a lot of time doing just that!). We did talk about our cars (much to my brother's amusement) but there just wasn't the weather to stand and stare!
you will need some practice to give us some competition
Don't worry Silvershadow I've had plenty of practice!
And I did remember to thank my husband who did all the preparation and walked up and down that field countless times with the tractor and drivers!

If it stops raining today I'm going to get the roof down and drive.
C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.