Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

RNS510 reverse input

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  scratchedeos 
#1 ·
HI, Iv installed a RNS510 which is fine plus a reversing camera kit that plugs into the 32 pin socket... but when I select reverse (manual box) the reversing light comes on but no image on screen.
I have selected rear camera in the nav with vag-com .. do I need a different can-gate module..

#2 ·
Is it an VW Emblem camera? Is it a OEM VW camera or after market? If it is the VW Emblem camera and after market version then try swapping the 2 wires around that power the Emblem. It would appear that the wiring on the Eos is different to all other VWs that use this camera.

#3 ·
The camera is after market but shouldn't the screen change anyway when I select reverse even if its blank..
I have tried it with a normal camera bypassing the flip camera and nothing the interface is aCVBS to RGB Rear View Camera Interface for RNS510 or RCD510 - Video Input Controller from car-equipment.com

#4 ·
It has been a while since I installed mine but I do remember that swapping over the 2 wires solved a number of problems I was having.

If you have installed another camera and it still does not work then it points to a problem with the RNS510. When you did the change with the Vag.com did you save the change? My head unit was non OEM so I did not get involved in any CANBUS issues. I would have thought if the system is expecting a camera to be connected then you should get a screen change/input of some type happening.

Maybe someone with an RNS510 can help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.