Chick car?? - Page 2 - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
snowdall

Well the conversation with my wife about the Eos continues. I tried to explain to her that the Eos is a "tough" car since it has the upgraded turbo engine that we enjoyed so much in our Beetle. She listened thoughtfully ... and then asked me if it also included a tampon holder in the cabin. OUCH!!

At any rate, she conducted a rather informal poll and most of her friends concluded that the Eos (and indeed most convertibles) are girly. I frankly don't care ... I still want one.

But on a more practical note, she feels VERY strongly that a two door car will not work with a kid .... so think I may be looking at the CC as a divroce isn't worth it ... at least at this point.

Snowdall
snowdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
nail-z-gull

The Passat CC isn't a bad compromise at all. Very nice looking vehicles. Wouldn't trade my EOS for one though
Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #28
neh321
Complete Carnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdall View Post
Well the conversation with my wife about the Eos continues. I tried to explain to her that the Eos is a "tough" car since it has the upgraded turbo engine that we enjoyed so much in our Beetle. She listened thoughtfully ... and then asked me if it also included a tampon holder in the cabin. OUCH!!

At any rate, she conducted a rather informal poll and most of her friends concluded that the Eos (and indeed most convertibles) are girly. I frankly don't care ... I still want one.

But on a more practical note, she feels VERY strongly that a two door car will not work with a kid .... so think I may be looking at the CC as a divroce isn't worth it ... at least at this point.

Snowdall
Ah well, only another 18/20 years and you won't have to worry - you can buy a convertible!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #29
HighGs

In recent decades, roadsters and convertibles have become more associated with women drivers. Chris Harris did a review of the new Porsche Boxster S and asked whether a guy could actually have one!?! A sub 3,000 lb mid-engined car with over 300 hp!

So, it may be that open cars take a one point hit. If so, front drivers will likely take another compared to let's say a Mustang GT convertible. With the Boxster a target, I don't know that any open car is immune. You'll hear similar comments about the SLK (unless it is the AMG model). For some guys, only a black or silver truck will do.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
maczero

Personally I think the Eos is gender neutral but in my area I have to admit I see more female Eos owners than male. That said, I get far more compliments on the car from men than women. Black, red interior, transformer-like conversion to an alternate mode - what could be more manly than that?
maczero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #31
Darren
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by maczero View Post
...transformer-like conversion to an alternate mode - what could be more manly than that?
Last week I picked up my 4 yr old daughter from preschool. The top was up as it was parked. She asked for the top down. So from the sidewalk as we were walking to the car, I used my fob (and SmartTop) and started the top down. There were a bunch of 5-7 yr old boys on the playground who saw the top going down and started calling for others to come watch "this really cool car change!" Guys like gadgets

2010 Audi Q5 Premium 3.2 Garnet Red Pearl with Black Leather

1970 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia Pastel Blue with Black/grey interior

Previously owned from 12/2007-1/2011 a 2008 Eos Lux 2.0T Thunder Blue with Moonrock grey leather, Dynaudio, Smart-top and APR-93 tune.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #32
HighGs

Quote:
Personally I think the Eos is gender neutral but in my area I have to admit I see more female Eos owners than male. That said, I get far more compliments on the car from men than women. Black, red interior, transformer-like conversion to an alternate mode - what could be more manly than that?
It is a Swiss Army knife.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #33
David44

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.gbrown View Post
Lay off us 1.4 owners please. You guys (and girls) have probably never driven one so have no idea how they handle. Very nicely is the answer. OK, so it might not match the bigger engines for 0 - 60 etc but for everyday driving the 1.4 with the turbo is very very very good.
On a boring note its also less expensive to run, insure and buy in the first place but still gives the full Eos motoring pleasure.

So, no more knocking them please

It's also a lot quieter than a diesel and seems to be more reliable too
Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #34
Rybky

Petrol heads have been getting it wrong for decades, don't get a big loud V8 that women look at and just think "w*nker!", get a car that women like. ;-)

Adam

Previously: 2007 TFSI Indium Grey ~ Manual ~ Black Leather ~ DVD Sat Nav headunit with iPod + rev cam ~ SmartTop ~ 6000k HID kit ~ JE Design rear spoiler ~ UKChipTuning Powergate tune
Photos Here
Rybky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #35
Hagar
Young at Heart Member

Any bloke who thinks an EOS is a chic's car either has his knuckles dragging on the ground or his lady won't lat him have one. I have had Turbo Supra's, V8's, a car that looked like a Batmobile and also a Range Rover, but the EOS 147kw Turbo is by and far the best car I have ever owned and I am yet to get a negative comment from either male or female. In the past you would open the bonnet and see the blokes all gather around, now I just flick the roof switch and both sexes stop to look. This car is the best of all worlds, it handles well, it's comfortable, fuel efficient, in sprots mode it is very quick, is great for a pose and for the price there is nothing that comes close.
My Vote - Definitely not a chic car
Old 03-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
midician
South Australian Owner

I dont know of any diesel chick cars.....
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
voxmagna

Most of the Chicks I see in UK are in the Peugot 207 CC's. Much more affordable as shopping cars. Some petrol turbos are pretty well horsepowered for their size too. - but then you would be hard pressed to put anything in the rear seats or the trunk.

Our EOS is in Leoni Blue which I first thought was a bit girlie. But the width and body styling whilst different to other VW's, is pretty neutral gender wise. I think if the EOS was in pink or pea green, the impression might be different!

I saw a new Lexus CC last week in a parking lot. Very nice looking, but I bet it was pricey. More manufacturers seem to be coming out with cabriolet models now.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
voxmagna

Quote:
transformer-like conversion to an alternate mode - what could be more manly than that?
A transformer mode that was 100% reliable, didn't leak and need 6 weeks in the workshop to fix!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #39
David44

The Eos is a car for discerning owners regardless of their sex.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #40
Darren
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast

The Eos is a car for discerning owners regardless of their sex.

...or gender

2010 Audi Q5 Premium 3.2 Garnet Red Pearl with Black Leather

1970 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia Pastel Blue with Black/grey interior

Previously owned from 12/2007-1/2011 a 2008 Eos Lux 2.0T Thunder Blue with Moonrock grey leather, Dynaudio, Smart-top and APR-93 tune.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #41
Alex

Dont care if its a chick car or not
the fact that im driving it makes it a guy car
now, if u drive a prius...
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement