Hard drive - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
beerandtat2s

Default Hard drive

How is the best way to format the music on your hard-drive? I'm stuck between no folders and only music, folders by album, folders by artist, or folders by genre. Any input on what works best?
beerandtat2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
fonzi

You'll get as many "solutions" as answers, because that depends on how do you prefer to have it.

I have by Artist/Album/*.mp3
fonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
Ziggy

Have separate folders for each artist and then respective albums within ie as fonzi suggests. Also include a single song at root level so you can random/shuffle your entire collection.
58 2.0 sport TDi, Shadow Blue, black leather, electric (heated) seats, 17" Avignon alloys, cruise control, 510 satnav, 6 cd changer, Parrot Bluetooth Handsfree 3100, winter pack, VW wind deflector, smart top , duel climate control...no leaks and 1 very happy driver
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
fonzi

This is interesting. Do you mean a single song (i.e., single .mp3 file) or playlist? (.m3u)

I hate when the MIX option doesn't mix the folders, but only one at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Have separate folders for each artist and then respective albums within ie as fonzi suggests. Also include a single song at root level so you can random/shuffle your entire collection.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
Ziggy

A single song (mp3). It's strange how it works but basically it will randomize all of the folders within the folder where you place a single file. It depends how you structure but if like me you want it set up into artists/albums/songs then you have to put a single song in with the folders eg if you want to randomize your entire collection, place a single song in the root directory. If you have a folder named "Arctic Monkeys" and that contains 3 albums, place a song in that folder on it's own. Then start playing the single song and press "mix". The system will now play songs in random order from all 3 albums contained in that folder.
58 2.0 sport TDi, Shadow Blue, black leather, electric (heated) seats, 17" Avignon alloys, cruise control, 510 satnav, 6 cd changer, Parrot Bluetooth Handsfree 3100, winter pack, VW wind deflector, smart top , duel climate control...no leaks and 1 very happy driver
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
fonzi

Nice! Thank you so much!!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
dsammarco
dsammarco

Default hard drive

actually how do you put music from cd/dvd on to the hard drive
dsammarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Topless
Growing old disgracefully

Do you have a handbook? Instructions are in there.

If not, load a disc containing mp3s into the slot, use the select button on the touch screen to view the list of folders, select the folder you want to copy (touch the folder button next to it) and select copy to HDD, tell it where you want to put it, at the root or inside another folder, then sit back and wait while it does it. Some time later you can repeat the process for subsequent folders.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
beltwaybomb

I go with genre/artist/album, which seems to require a little less scrolling through lists. But I have a dozen or so genres, so it makes more sense for me.
Advertisement