Eos Roof Adjustment. - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Barry C.
Barry C-All

Default Eos Roof Adjustment.

Hi there,
Has anybody out there got any instructions or info on how and where to adjust the Eos roof? Mine is now a year old, and I feel that it may have bedded in, and may benefit from a tweak maybe. It doesnt leak, but I occasionally get the odd rattle.
Thanks, Barry C.
Barry C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
McEos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry C. View Post
Hi there,
Has anybody out there got any instructions or info on how and where to adjust the Eos roof? Mine is now a year old, and I feel that it may have bedded in, and may benefit from a tweak maybe. It doesnt leak, but I occasionally get the odd rattle.
Thanks, Barry C.

I would not try to DIY the EOS roof adjustment in larger scale, when changing parts to my roof dealer told me that there are over 36 adjustment points and to make sure everything is 100% they need to be checked in sequense as many adjustment points affect others.

I have tweaked the side flaps a bit to cancel some rattles as they were a bit loose when closed. For that there are a screw on the underside of each flap.
McEos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

Quote:
Hi there,
Thanks, Barry C.

Before considering anything to do with your roof; make sure your Krytox applications have been done every 6 months preferably in warm weather/heated garage to keep the seals supple.

Many roof noises are associated with seals that have hardened due to lack of regular maintenance.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Eos_Up

Granted, I keep my Eos in my garage when not using it. I've had it for just about 3 years now and it only has 15000 miles on the clock.

I've NEVER done the famous seal maintenance and it has no top rattles, nor leaks that I know off. I'm up in the Seattle area and have been in occasional heavy rain without a drop coming in from the roof area.

Maybe I've just been lucky...
Old 10-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Barry C.
Barry C-All

Hi there,
Thanks, silvershadow,I krytox about every 3-4 months, and that does stop various noises, but I wondered if the thing beds or settles in, and may benefit from a subtle adjustment somewhere,
Regards, Barry.
Barry C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

Quote:
Hi there,
Thanks, silvershadow,I krytox about every 3-4 months, and that does stop various noises, but I wondered if the thing beds or settles in, and may benefit from a subtle adjustment somewhere,
Regards, Barry.

My partner's car is still quiet after 2 years of use on our poor quality country roads - if there were going to be problems, the regular torture the car gets from potholes and uneven surfaces would make them obvious.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Bernie

Default Roof Rattles - More Information Please

To McEos,

what 'tweak' did you do to your EOS?
Mine bangs at the C Section over bumps. I have seen all sorts of suggestions from removing shims to putting felt in the locator bracket.
Someone also mentioned a VW Tech Bulletin on this issue, but I've had no luck so far in locating it.

HELP Please
Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement