Roof problems - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
rigsby29

Default Roof problems

has anybody had a problem with the sunroof not sitting square in its hole, our eos has a gap beside the glass on the drivers side, i have had it to vw who have told me if it just needs adjusting i will have to pay myself as roof adjustments are not covered under warranty unles there is a faulty part
rigsby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
ppalma

Hi,
If it's not broken, don't fix it!
Is the sunroof aligned with the metal part behind it? Or is the gap between the sunroof and the side bar too big?
Both conditions are possible, but if there are no functional issues, I would suggest living with it as is, since adjusting it is a delicate job that requires know how and care.
Aligning the sunroof with the M-Segment involves releasing loads of screws and letting the sunroof float to its natural position. Its risky and it involves disassembling the inner trim plus a number of functional items.
Adjusting the side bar is also tricky since usually the problem is that the factory ran out of adjustment when building the roof.
What year is your EOS?
ppalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Eoss

Is there a problem or does it just look untidy.

I've got a 2010 Eos which I bought from a dealer second-hand and the sunroof creaks. They have taken it in twice under warranty and have now identified a faulty part that will be replaced.

I thought they might give me the brush off saying that it wasn't covered. Could it be your dealer?
Eoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement