Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Wind deflector UK

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  barfly 
#1 ·
Wind deflector including case. Good condition, £75 and buyer to pay postage or collect from Gloucestershire.

#2 · (Edited)
Hi Lou,

My wind deflector recently developed a big tear so I'm in the market for a replacement. Does yours have any holes at all, even small ones? Secondly, what year Eos is it from? I think they fit all years but not entirely sure. Postage wouldn't be cheap as I'm in western Canada but it still might be worth it as it converts to about $126 Canadian plus shipping. Someone suggested that I call around to the various wreckers in the area as there would most likely be a deflector sitting in the trunk but since the Eos is a fairly rare bird, it's unlikely that finding one would be easy and would probably require calling all the wreckers repeatedly over time - too painful.

Update: I just found this on the forum with some help (thank you, Vox and others): http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10137

Lou, could I possibly get the part number from you so that I can check to ensure that it's a fit for my 2013? I'll send you my email address through private messaging in a moment.

Thanks,

Derek

#3 ·
Hi again, Lou

I spoke to my service advisor today at VW and he told me that the best way to ensure that your wind deflector and mine are the same part is to compare part numbers - makes sense.

When possible, would you please send me the part number from your deflector? I'll then compare it to mine and make sure it's a match.

If there are no holes in yours and it's in good shape overall, consider it sold.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Derek

#4 ·
Posting a correction: I just heard back from the seller who emailed me directly. Seems she was away and unable to access the Eos forum. I had assumed something else since it seemed odd for someone to post something and then immediately be unavailable. She apologized for the delay and I apologized for my incorrect assumption. My online buying/selling experiences have been less than stellar lately so I'm afraid I painted her with the same brush. We are now working out the purchase details. Cheers, Derek

#6 ·
If anyone else is looking for one, I just got mine from Germany.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391821931887

It was £97.56 and delivered in 4 days.

I have fitted it once and it works well. Not VW but it is excellent quality.

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.