08 Silver EOS - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > New User Introductions

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:09 AM   #1
pissat4motion
Time Lord

Default 08 Silver EOS

Just recently became the proud owner of an 08 Eos. Currently own an 08 GTI with a few mods (K04 and supporting, Coilovers on 18" Serrons, aftermarket radio, shiftknob, shift boot etc).
Been interested in the Eos off and on for a while but recently starting looking for first gen models at a reasonable price of entry.
Now, I'm also an fan of the Youtube, and especially the guys buying salvage cars that need a little love. So I messed around and bid on a car... low mind you, just to see what would happen.... and I won. Car needs drivers fender and headlight and front bumper.
Part of me is asking WTH have I gotten myself into and the other thinks I got a helluva deal. Parts have already been sourced and should set me back less than $200.
My GTI has the FSI engine so cam follower check and timing belt change are on the list of to do's.

Will add pics later but just picture Silver with white interior..
DM K04+/Golf R K04/neuspeed cai/APR DP w/hiflo cat/WRD coilovers/18x7.5 mk6 Serrons+15/20mm spacers/034 aluminum dogbone insert& AUDUB trans mount/Custom catch can w/ 42dd adapter plate/Unitronic DV Relocate/ JH Motorsport HPFP internals/Euro short shifter/R map sensor/Golf R Intercooler[B]/17z BBK/mk6 climatronic/BFI billet heavyweight shift knob and custom shiftboot
pissat4motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #2
pissat4motion
Time Lord

Car arrived a couple days ago with a few issues right from the start. Wouldn't start (battery dead) so couldn't get it out of park to get off the roll back. Miscellaneous parts were in the car ie bumper, taillights, side view mirror but the seats (front) were completely destroyed from weather. Driver window was down and passenger side was partially down.

Did get the car in neutral by pressing the switch at the base of the gear shift (thanks youtube). The car as a first impression was a POS... and the wife's expression was the icing. Car wouldn't start with a jump. I woke up that night with the car on my brain LOL.

The next day I decided to mess with the car to try and have something positive to move forward with. Moved my GTI battery to the EOS, put in a gallon of good gas and...... she fired up!!! Engine sounds (and looks) like a well taken care of car... transmission shifts nicely from the short drive into the driveway. So if all else fails I can get my money back... LOL.

With the good battery in the car I was able to completely raise the passenger side window. I attempted to open the sunroof. It opened fully with no issue. Attempted to start to open the roof but I didn't have the cargo shelf in the correct place. The dead battery was still (8/17) under a 2 year replacement warranty so was able to get a free battery replacement.

This forum helped with the driver side window issue. Apparently the window needed a reset with the door lock. Locked the door holding the key to the right and the window rose and stop. Repeated and the window fully closed and now works properly!! Car now starts at the first turn of the key. Tried the a/c and even it blows cold. Replacement fender, headlight and headlight bracket have been installed. Only thing remaining is to install the front bumper (waiting on the fender guide I purchased). Was feeling positive enough to even give the car a wash LOL.. and the paint is in good condition also.

LSS, I'm about $900-1000 into this car and I'm pleased with what I've purchased. I can source mk5 era leather seats for about $75 for the pair. A good detailing of the interior will happen at that point or at least when I decide to remove the damaged front seats.

There's still some damage at the drivers rear wheel arch but nothing a pull and a little bondo fill can't remedy.

Plans are to keep this car stock except for possibly a set of 18" OE wheels and lowering springs or coilovers.

Wife looks at me like I'm a little less than crazy now LOL
DM K04+/Golf R K04/neuspeed cai/APR DP w/hiflo cat/WRD coilovers/18x7.5 mk6 Serrons+15/20mm spacers/034 aluminum dogbone insert& AUDUB trans mount/Custom catch can w/ 42dd adapter plate/Unitronic DV Relocate/ JH Motorsport HPFP internals/Euro short shifter/R map sensor/Golf R Intercooler[B]/17z BBK/mk6 climatronic/BFI billet heavyweight shift knob and custom shiftboot
Old 08-15-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
pissat4motion
Time Lord

Pictures as it sits today. I'll include before and after of the interior (seats) once I've replaced them. The ones in there now are just that bad..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 04:18 AM   #4
aku-aku

Nice to see someone trying to keep as many of these cars on the road as possible! It always makes me sad to see an Eos get scrapped - even though it makes it easier for the rest of us to find parts Good luck with the rest of your restoration.
aku-aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Batjes

You may have a pretty good buy! I hope you can keep it on the road, these cars deserve it!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #6
cb391
Life is good... so far

If you have a good motor, trans, and roof, that is most of the battle. I would suggest carefully checking the trunk for corrosion/rust.

2007 2.0T Sport, Eismeer/Cornsilk, DSG, Enkei PF01 17" wheels w/ Michelin AS/3 tires, DynAudio
cb391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
pissat4motion
Time Lord

Engine and trans are good. The weather has prevented me from opening the roof and I want to clean and condition the seals when I do.
I pick up the front bumper/fender guide tomorrow. Weather permitting I plan to pick up a pair of interlagos front seats from a 2 door GTI also. Need a few screws to mount the driver mirror and door card handle and we'll be good to go.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #8
pissat4motion
Time Lord

Sourced a couple of 2 door GTI interlagos seats. Going to have to tear into the passenger seat to get it out. Looks like the motor is dead.

Tried dropping the top and it all went well until the roof didn't unlatch from the windshield. I'm still having a few issues with the drivers window and wondering could that be preventing the top going down? (Window goes up and down work the switch but one touch up/down isn't working and the window drop when opening the door seems to drop a hair too much and doesn't go back up once the door is closed).

I'll look at hooking up the car to obdeleven to check what faults there might be, tomorrow if time permits.

I'll also be picking up the bumper to fender guide tomorrow from the dealer so the bumper can go on.

**Any suggesting/insight to my few issues are appreciated**

Old 08-27-2019, 04:35 AM   #9
pissat4motion
Time Lord

Making steady progress with the car. Fender guide came in and was installed. Front bumper was put on with little issue. Seats were finally installed. They need a little cleaning but don't look out of place. Have to swap over some wire connectors from the eos seats and that should get rid of the airbag light. Driver's door handle was installed. Cleaned up the driver's door card and will likely install it tomorrow, time permitting.
Tried to drop the top today (still haven't checked for faults yet) and the top wouldn't retract at all. Now that I think about it, I'm hoping the shelf in the trunk just isn't stowed away properly (fingers crossed). The car with the airbag light removed should be ready at that point for the rebuilt title inspection. I'll probably hold off on that until I know whether the top is functioning properly or not. I don't want to get in too deep $$$ if there's no hope of top down motoring LOL. Still need to do an oil change/filter, air filter and plugs and fuel filter. That's all based on the top retracting..
The scuffs along the door were mostly removed with laquer thinner leaving the small damage to the rear wheel well. The damage is just enough to warrant a repair but also just enough that I feel I can tackle the repair myself... so we'll see how that goes.

Wish me luck!
Old 08-27-2019, 06:05 AM   #10
aku-aku

Good luck! I guess if you don't have the highline display in the dashboard you won't be able to see why the roof doesn't operate - but there can be issues with the microswitch that detects that the luggage panel is in the right place. Fingers crossed it's something simple.
aku-aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement