Carplay - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
Badmannie

Hi, first post so please be gentle. I’ve got a my12 eos exclusive with a rcd510 and was wondering if anyone had managed to get a HU with CarPlay working? Many thanks in advance
Badmannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
mickjane2

I didn't know the RCD510 could use carplay, but I might be wrong and someone on here will confirm this.

Mick
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

2018 Tiguan 2.0 TSI DSG SEL Deep Black Pearl.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
reespl

Yup, works great. Now i have Google Maps, Waze and many more things in CarPlay
https://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32882
reespl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
aku-aku

You'll be able to use the RCD330 reespl links to. Your car is new enough that everything should "just work".
aku-aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 AM   #5
SALBERS

Default Better Than Car Play

I've interfaced an Android tablet called Navi-Touch to my RNS510 and it works great.
https://www.vag-navisystems.com/navi...eat-skoda/1095
SALBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
D-Vancouver

Hi reespl,

I still love the RCD330 head unit BUT I do have to tolerate the window that frequently pops up that tells me it can't connect to the camera (or words to that effect). My installer told me that I can't add a camera and I can't remember why - something that I don't have, apparently. I do get the optical graphic when reversing (I have to hit a button on screen to make that come on after I shift into reverse), and I get the beeping from the sensors but I wish I could either fix it to no longer give me the error (no settings for this) OR just add the damn camera that the unit seems to want!
2013 Deep Black Pearl Highline Edition 2.0 TSI with Vienna Corn Silk interior. 2nd owner. Purchased Aug. 2017. Added Hertz amp/Kenwood subwoofer/new Focal front speakers (no Dynaudio in car), added sound dampening to doors. 83000Km as of June 2018

2015 Tiguan R-Line w/sport suspension. Titanium beige. 34000Km as of June 2018.
D-Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:35 AM   #7
Robstone

Default Rcd330

I have the same issue, the optical system works well enough not to need a camera, I just want to get rid of the annoying window popping up and having to manually select the optical parking graphic.
Robstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:04 AM   #8
D-Vancouver

To Robstone and others who might be interested...

I contacted my dealer today about the RCD330 issue. I have a great service advisor - I like him a lot and I trust him. I told him that I really wanted to get rid of that annoying pop-up message that references the camera. I told him that if at all possible, it would also be nice if the parking graphic would just appear when I shift into reverse rather than having to push an on-screen button to make that happen (and if you don't do it fast enough, the stupid button disappears). One has to sometimes shift into reverse two or three times when parking in tough spots so this whole button thing has gotten OLD!

Whoever worked on the car got rid of the error message AND the stupid button on screen. The button is gone and now I can just shift into reverse and presto, the backup graphic appears! Heaven! It cost me half an hour in labour, so about $75 + taxes but well worth it.

So yes, it can be done. These units are designed for later model VW's that have cameras so if you have an Eos (none ever had a camera), you'll need to get that disconnected or do it yourself if you have the software.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and on a separate note, my advisor told me that when you upgrade to the latest IOS with iPhone, always reset your bluetooth in your car AND remove the old bluetooth settings in your phone and pair it fresh so that everything jives. I was having problems where my car wasn't picking up my phone and it turns out it happened after my last iPhone software upgrade. All fine now.
2013 Deep Black Pearl Highline Edition 2.0 TSI with Vienna Corn Silk interior. 2nd owner. Purchased Aug. 2017. Added Hertz amp/Kenwood subwoofer/new Focal front speakers (no Dynaudio in car), added sound dampening to doors. 83000Km as of June 2018

Old 10-18-2018, 04:06 PM   #9
RodDorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vancouver View Post
These units are designed for later model VW's that have cameras so if you have an Eos (none ever had a camera), you'll need to get that disconnected or do it yourself if you have the software.
I've got a 2015 Eos Final Edition and it's got a camera under the trunk latch that automatically pops open and shows whats behind you when you shift into reverse.
RodDorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:46 PM   #10
D-Vancouver

Cool, I think that's what the newer GTI's and Golf R's have. My Tig has a camera but the VW thingy on the back is not a latch like it is on the Eos and Golfs. Rather, there's a button under the door that you press to release the door. Under THAT is the hidden camera lens.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:04 AM   #11
EosSydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vancouver View Post
Cool, I think that's what the newer GTI's and Golf R's have.
Genuine item available to retrofit if you have enough money! Compatible with RCD510, RNS315 and RNS510, I'd be happy to have this if it were fitted when I bought the car but I wouldn't stump up that much cash to retrofit. Available a little cheaper on e-Bay but still expensive in my books.

https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/volks...0827469aq.html

Cheers

George
EosSydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #12
mickjane2

There is this cheaper option to consider

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-14-V...0/290978049420

Mick
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

2018 Tiguan 2.0 TSI DSG SEL Deep Black Pearl.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement