Coming home lights - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
Joao

Default Coming home lights

Hi all,
I own a 2006 EOS and I know I had the coming/leaving home lights but I cannot seem to find where to activate it again.
My car unfortunately had so many issues that in the two years since I have it, it was in repair shop for a year accumulated.
I don't know if they deactivated it but I've looked in the settings and have no option on that (or at least I don't find it).
Looking forward for your help!
Best,
Joćo
Joao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
voxmagna

If you have a hi-line model with comprehensive cockpit display I think you can find the settings there. If you have the basic information display like mine it has to be done by settings using a diagnostics tool or get a dealer to do it on next service. There are lots of customiseable features like that, but unfortunately when workshops start replacing, repairing or resetting modules they can wipe these optional settings. No big deal if you are paying for a service with a diagnostics check included.

The same is true of all doors auto locking above 8 mph feature for security and many other useful options.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
Joao

Hi voxmagna,
Thank you for your answer!
Although I was hoping to be able to do it myself at least now I know it can be solved.
Besides the coming home lights and door lock what other features are there to be programed? Do you know where I can find it?
Best,
Joćo
Joao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #4
voxmagna

You either need to let a dealer do it as I said (cheapest) or spend money on a good diagnostic tool that will hold your hand and do it for you. Read here and study their wiki to find out what you may be taking on:

https://www.ross-tech.com/
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
cogtx

Or look into getting this OBDeleven which will do so many modifications and diagnostics. I own this device and use it on my wife's EOS and my Jetta....

https://obdeleven.com/en/
cogtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement