2009 Eos Vapor Barrier - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
weps20

Unhappy 2009 Eos Vapor Barrier

Does anyone know how to remove the passenger door vapor barrier behind the panel? I removed the mounting bolts, electrical connections, etc., and pulled the barrier away to ensure it was not a glue issue. It seems to be attached to a cable or white plastic piece (?) at the door latch end, everything else is good to go. I have perused this site and VWVortex to no avail, googled, checked online manuals with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.
weps20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
voxmagna

An interesting question because I didn't know my door panels had one or they were not obvious at the time. Most other cars I've owned use heavy gauge 1200 plastic sheet and double side carpet tape to cover the metal inner skin and the holes, but I can't remember seeing this on MY07, but it was a while ago.

Have a look at this link showing my door card teardown:
https://www.vweosclub.com/forums/sho...ight=regulator
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
weps20

Smile 2009 Eos Vapor Barrier Continued

That is exactly what I am looking for, thank you very much. I'll post my progress and any variations from the original steps.
weps20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement