Power Seat Swap - Drivers Side Connections - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #1
VDUBEOSLUX

Default Power Seat Swap - Drivers Side Connections

Hi All, I'm in need if advice. I have a 2009 EOS that has the Cornsilk Beige interior and being a California car, the color is coming off. Was going to have the "painted" but found a black set from a 2013 w/ only 10k on them, plus they were cheap! I got them swapped in, they look great as the car is already black and beige inside, but I have an issue. Passenger side hooked right up, but there's one connection on the drivers side that is completely different.

I'm assuming its airbag related, though its NOT yellow, as the seat works perfectly. All power movements work, bolstering works and heated seat function works, BUT my airbag light is on as that one different plug is not connected, and being different, i cant simply plug it in or swap it over as the 2009 has 1 wire and the 2013 has 3 wires??? I don't know if the wire harness can be swapped from one to the other (will be investigating that this weekend), but wanted to see if anyone know what this little black plug does? Pic1 is the old seat connector, Pic 2 is the new seat... Last Pic is what they look like!

Any help, suggestions or wiring schematics would be greatly appreciated. As stated before, seat functionality is perfect, just the airbag light is on and "Airbag Fault " appears in the MFD at start up. Thanks.
VDUBEOSLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
voxmagna

The airbag connectors are usually bright yellow to warn you. There could be some wiring differences because the passenger seat airbag can be temporarily disabled for kids being carried in a harness?

If you were using vcds diagnostics it might tell you which seat has the airbag fault? I also have cornsilk beige in the Sport version and I'd prefer the comfier standard EOS seats so I've always wondered how softer black seats would look.

Last edited by voxmagna; 04-25-2019 at 02:50 PM.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement