Driver window stuck down - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
Mrogers0149

Default Driver window stuck down

I had the driver window down while I was trying to pinpoint a noise under the hood (I'll get to that later). Anyways, I unhooked the battery to mess with the alternator and when I buttoned everything up the driver window would not roll up. All other windows work. Has anyone ever heard of such?
Mrogers0149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
rauls4

Try running a credit card between the glass and the seal a few times. My Beetle did this and my VW dealer told me to do this over the phone. Fixed the problem instantly.
rauls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Mrogers0149

That didn't get it. It seems like the switch but I can't figure out how that would go out. I checked the fuses and they're all good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Darren
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast

Can you use the wide button that puts all the windows down at one time to lower all of the other 3 windows and then will that button pull all 4 windows up at the same time. I'm thinking that might sync the system...

2012 Audi S4
Glacier White Metallic with Grey interior and Unitronic Stage 1+ tune

2016 Audi Q5 Premium 2.0T
Monsoon Grey Metallic with Chestnut Brown Leather and APR-93 tune

1970 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia Pastel Blue with Black/grey interior
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Mrogers0149

That didn't get it either. I don't think I'm getting power to the motor. How much work is it to get the door panel off? I tore the engine cover yesterday so I'm not in a mood to break anything else.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Scousus maximus

Hi and welcome to the forum.
This is the spiel from a source of info so it might be able to be adapted to what you're after. The 5 second bits might have a bearing on yours?
Good luck,
Regards,
John

Basic settings for window regulator
Notet The window regulator motor must operate with the maximum force when performing the window regulator basic settings. The motor must be allowed to run.
t The window regulator basic settings are performed with the door open and latch closed.
Sequence for basic setting of window regulator:
t Start the engine.
t Open door and close larch in door lock.
t Lower door window completely.
t Close door window and block door window by hand. Door window lowers.
t Within 5 seconds, close door window and block by hand again. Door window stops.
t Within 5 seconds, close door window again. The door window moves without roll-back function to the mechanical limit stop of the window regulator.
t Within 5 seconds, hold window regulator switch for 5 seconds. The window regulator motor is now adjusted to the window regulator.
t Open latch of door lock, the door window lowers to the short lift.
t Close door, the door window closes.
The following 4 positions for the door window relative to the roof side member seal are possible:
t Door window moves to between marks on seal. Door window adjustment is correct.
t The door window does not move to the upper mark. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be adjusted upwards → Chapter.
t Door window moves further than the lower mark on the seal. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be adjusted downwards → Chapter.
t The door window moves into the seal and lowers again. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be corrected downwards → Chapter. Basic settings must be performed again after successful adjustments.
2.0 TDI Sport, DSG, Silver & Red Nappa, Premium protection pack, RNS 510 version C LED & BT with voice control. Rear windblocker. VAGCOM/VCDS mods (DRL's, cornering fogs, alarm chirp), custom coloured centre console. Debadged rear. Badgeless grill. Clear rear fog lens.
Scousus maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:12 AM   #7
Neilius

Hi all, hope someone can help?

Out of nowhere today my passanger side front window is rolling back after the short lift when the door is closed, as described in the last part of the above post. Do i need to run this recalibration proceedure? If so, where is the window regulator switch described in this guide located? Or is that just another name for the window switch on the door, so hold it up for 5 seconds?

Any guidance appreciated!
Thanks.
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousus maximus View Post
t The door window moves into the seal and lowers again. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be corrected downwards → Chapter. Basic settings must be performed again after successful adjustments.
Neilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #8
aku-aku

It can also be worth lubricating the seal at the top of the window to make it easier for the window to slide home without resistance. Time to get the Krytox out?
aku-aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement