Twisted seat belt - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
davidmckay

Default Twisted seat belt

The seatbelt on the driver side of my 08 EOS is twisted. I need to take it off of the bracket near the floor by the door and turn it. How do I get to that bracket?
davidmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmckay View Post
The seatbelt on the driver side of my 08 EOS is twisted. I need to take it off of the bracket near the floor by the door and turn it. How do I get to that bracket?
Unless it has been fitted incorrectly I think you will find that the belt is twisted behind the rear quarter panel and has twisted itself on the inertia real. If you still need to remove the lower bracket then you just undo the bolt and the bracket just twists out.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

2018 Tiguan 2.0 TSI DSG SEL Deep Black Pearl.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:02 PM   #3
davidmckay

The bracket needs to come off. Where is the bolt? The bracket is a Chrome coated "U" shape. There are no visible bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 06:52 AM   #4
mickjane2

The bolt is on the inner sill panel and may have a plastic cover over the head, I still believe that the twist will be behind the quarter panel though, try pulling the belt all the way out and see if you can tell which way the twist goes.

Mick

2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

Last edited by mickjane2; 10-23-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
Oria

Mine is twisted too. Why am I starting to think that this is the way it was intended to be?
Oria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
davidmckay

I am talking about the lower bracket, not the upper part that goes into the panel. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:15 PM   #7
John D

Aha you mean the long chrome plated rod which runs back to front and along which the seatbelt slides. Sorry so far I have not tried to remove this!

Last edited by John D; 10-25-2019 at 08:26 AM.
John D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #8
John D

https://images.app.goo.gl/piM9d4jFwPbuLLX67
Old 10-24-2019, 11:27 PM   #9
Batjes

Most of the time the belt twisted because it was realled in with a twist; if you fold it again the opposite way and real it in, it will be good again. I’ve done that twice now; no unbolting needed or whatever...
(I don’t know if realing is the right verb, but I hope you know what I mean).

Hi Batjes from silvershadow,

Sometimes English spelling happens in unusual ways as happened here for you. The "reel" analogy comes from fishing and relates to the device used to pull in a fishing line with, hopefully, a fish attached. The word "real" is used to describe something that exists in a tangible form. The correct versions for your post above would be "reeled in" with both "reel" and "reeling" being the verbs for the action associated with using a reel. "Realing" has no meaning as far as I am aware.

Last edited by silvershadow; 10-25-2019 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Add comment
Batjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:42 AM   #10
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batjes View Post
Most of the time the belt twisted because it was realled in with a twist; if you fold it again the opposite way and real it in, it will be good again. Iíve done that twice now; no unbolting needed or whatever...
(I donít know if realing is the right verb, but I hope you know what I mean).

Works for me Batjes lol .

Mick

Old 10-25-2019, 08:08 PM   #11
davidmckay

Thanks. That helps.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:10 PM   #12
davidmckay

Thanks. But belt has apparently been replaced and it was put on backward on the bottom bracket.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #13
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmckay View Post
Thanks. But belt has apparently been replaced and it was put on backward on the bottom bracket.

Great that you got it sorted

Mick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement