Vinyl at top of door panel - Page 2 - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #26
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtlRedX View Post
This reply caught my attention. Iíve been regretfully experiencing vinyl peel back on my 09ís driverís side door for the last several years. I had a friend attempt to fix it (worked for about 18 months then it started peeling away again. Is this ďex-gratiaĒ warranty a thing throughout the VW dealer service ecosystem? Iím in the US & itís pretty clear to me from reading this thread that this peeling is a prevalent issue. Iíd like to get it repaired without having to replace the whole door.

I gave up in disgust as our service dealer could not get VW to "come to the party" with a customer goodwill contribution to the replacement

"Ex-gratia" warranty is something that has to be negotiated by the dealer on your behalf or by your country's consumer protection authority unless there are cost limits on their jurisdiction.

In our case, the door interior skin and inside panel were replaced in their entirety - so far, the problem has not reoccurred. The unusual aspect is the left hand door panel is still like new after 10 years of ownership from new.
Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Australian specification - Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim. As at April 2019, I still haven't driven HER car. Her 14 year old grand-daughter has now staked a claim for future ownership when my partner is no longer capable of driving. .
silvershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement