New headunit replacement - Page 2 - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #26
D-Vancouver

Thanks reespl.

No change needed to the can bus module. I think it said online that that was for 2009 and earlier if I'm not mistaken.

I saw the black trim around the stereo in a picture of a 2016 Eos online (last model year). I thought the black looked really sharp and more expensive-looking than the silver. I found it online and bought it. I paid $112 Cdn. - not cheap but I have no regrets as I love it! It changed the look of the whole dashboard in a good way. Someone online suggested vinyl-wrapping as that would be cheaper. It was a good suggestion but I was worried about it not looking 100% perfect which would then defeat the purpose. Here's my post right after I put it in: https://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31561

Piano black bezel:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VW-EO...-/173111137176
2013 Deep Black Pearl Highline Edition 2.0 TSI with Vienna Corn Silk interior. 2nd owner. Purchased Aug. 2017. Added Hertz amp/Kenwood subwoofer/new Focal front speakers (no Dynaudio in car), added sound dampening to doors. 83000Km as of June 2018

2015 Tiguan R-Line w/sport suspension. Titanium beige. 34000Km as of June 2018.
D-Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #27
reespl

So i was right that you have changed that trim - it wasn't factory Anyway its good idea so i found few on polish ebay (allegro) for more less 10 bucks Maybe it's a good idea? But i wonder if it will match the silver trim around DSG gearbox. You have similar solution - silver trim near DSG and piano black up?
http://allegro.pl/ramka-radia-klimat...098195531.html
http://allegro.pl/vw-eos-scirocco-ra...4.html#thumb/1
reespl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:32 PM   #28
D-Vancouver

reespl, I should mention that I didn't buy a camera or anything for parking. My unit had the optical parking system in it already so this new unit just picked that up. The graphic that it displays is different but I like it even better than the old one.
2013 Deep Black Pearl Highline Edition 2.0 TSI with Vienna Corn Silk interior. 2nd owner. Purchased Aug. 2017. Added Hertz amp/Kenwood subwoofer/new Focal front speakers (no Dynaudio in car), added sound dampening to doors. 83000Km as of June 2018

2015 Tiguan R-Line w/sport suspension. Titanium beige. 34000Km as of June 2018.
D-Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #29
reespl

Good for you I still find myself as being blind when i park without any sound sensor and camera Just old school using rear mirrors )) That's why im planning to buy camera and connect it to RCD330.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #30
reespl

Hi guys! I have just taken car from workshop where was my rear back up camera installed. Its really cool and much more easy to park. This is a camera that is designated to fit the unit from this thread (RCD330). If you have any question about it do not hesitate to ask. https://naforum.zapodaj.net/15a818671b39.jpg.html

Last edited by reespl; 06-29-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 AM   #31
Santosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vancouver View Post
Reespl, I have to thank you again for the info on the RCD330 head unit. I had it installed yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased. It's fantastic! Sounds just as great as before too.

Update: the only thing that's still a bit odd is the optical parking assist feature. I've not reversed enough yet to figure out what the deal is. Unlike the old unit where it automatically kicks in when you switch into reverse, this one requires that you press a little button on screen. Not a big deal to me for all that I'm getting from the unit and the price. That being said, it seems that you have to hit that button AS SOON AS you go into reverse because the screen quickly reverts to music (in my case, Spotify), and then you have to put it in park again and then reverse again to "re-capture" the backup graphic. Again, I have to play with it some more before I can say anything definitive about it. I suspect it's not related to the installation as it's basically a plug 'n play unit. I'll just have to see how that goes. Not a huge deal. Otherwise, I really love the unit overall.

Another update: I just tested the reverse feature again. It seems as though it's fine unless I'm in Spotify (third party app) when reversing. In any other screen I can just put the car in reverse, tap the one button on the screen for the reverse graphic and away I go. If I'm in Spotify at the time that I put it in reverse, the button shows for a moment to turn on the graphic but if I miss it, it just reverts to the Spotify screen showing the song I'm playing. So it would seem that the answer here is that if/when I'm in Spotify when about to reverse, I need to hit the "home" button first to take me out of Spotify and THEN go into reverse. A bit weird but not a huge deal. Should become second nature in time and still worth it to have all these great features on my dash screen now.
Hi Derek,

I hope it is not too late to reopen this thread!

I just got the RCD330+ unit installed in my car and it appears that we have the same unit and the same issues with Park Pilot.

If I am quick to press that tiny button in the corner before the screen disappears, I will have the reverse sensors displayed. Otherwise, shift to neutral and try again!

It appears that once can use VCDS to code out the reverse camera error issue and then the parking display will come on every time. Have you had any luck with VCDS?

Has anyone on the forum used VCDS to code the RCD330+ at all - this is the Desay version not the Noname version (I only found out about this AFTER I had bought the unit.)

Thanks so much!

Santosh
Santosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement