Sat Nav - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Interior & ICE

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
Percy16

Default Sat Nav

Hi does anyone know if it possible to reset my sat nav and where the disc is located please.
Percy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
aku-aku

That depends on which model you have - and what you have in mind when you say "reset".

Can you either provide the model number or upload a photo of it; and describe the problem you're trying to solve? Then I and others will have an idea about what you need to do and may be able to tell you how.
aku-aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Percy16

Hi aku aku the model I have is 2010 1.4tsi sport I'm not sure that the Sat nav works correctly so thought you could reset it and start fresh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
aku-aku

I meant which model of satnav. The RNS510 has four buttons on each side; the RNS310 has three buttons on each side.

Without knowing what kind of "not working properly" behaviour you're seeing, I still have no idea what would help you. Does it take a long time to start up, for example? Does it not track your position? Your best chance of getting help from this forum is by describing what goes wrong as completely as possible.

Here's how to reset an RNS510 though: https://youtu.be/11S_i0IkXXw

The RNS510's maps are available on DVDs. You can find them on eBay easily enough. I don't have an RNS310 so I can't help you with that.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
Percy16

Hi aku aku
sorry I've not been very clear mine has 4 buttons each side. The little slot at the bottom of my unit is empty not sure if something should be in there ? yes the nav picks up my position but when I set a destination it still gives me a wide view & not a close road view is this correct ? And how / where do you load the disc or is it micro card ? Hope this is clearer.
Cheers
Old 02-27-2019, 06:49 AM   #6
aku-aku

OK, now I'm with you.

You have an RNS510. The maps are provided on DVD, and when you insert the DVD it installs the maps on to its internal hard drive. The slot at the bottom is an SD card slot - you can put music on an SD card and it'll play the music off it. It's easier than putting MP3s on to a CD.

If you want a closer map view, turn the dial on the right to zoom in and out. One of the options in the bar on the bottom of the screen will change between a 2D and 3D view.

Sounds like there could be nothing wrong with it and the previous owner might have just had it set up a bit oddly.

In case you don't have the instruction manual, you can find it here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/83...4-Rns-510.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement