Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Windbreak for sale

14K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  EosSydney 
#1 ·
I have just sold my Eos today and have a genuine VW windbreak that clips in behind the seats and covers the rear seat
These are a must have for travelling at any speed.
I have driven on the rural freeways at 110 and no buffeting or wind noise

I will be putting it on eBay straight after Easter but if any member wants to make an offer before that please do so

The unit comes with genuine cover bag and would prefer local pick up

I am in South east Melbourne but with work travel extensively through Melbourne so can arrange drop off
Fred

#3 ·
Hi Fred

Are you still looking to sell the Windbreak or have you sold it?

I am definitely interested, what price are you looking for?

Cheers

Ross

#5 · (Edited)
A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing - what happens in the USA doesn't necessarily apply in the rest of the world.

The windbreak has never been supplied as a standard item for Australian-delivered Eos vehicles - it is an optional extra which can be ordered with the vehicle at a high price or ordered after delivery at an extortionate spare parts price.

Fred is well-within his rights to sell the windbreak to recover the extra cost he paid when ordering his car and there is no obligation whatsoever for him to include it for the next owner. It is an insult to say "that's kind of cheap on your part"; if I were Fred, I would be responding to your parochial lack of knowledge with some uniquely Australian descriptive comments.

#7 ·
Hi all and especially Sid

Firstly I resent your assumption that I did not give the windbreak to the new owner when I sold it privately- I DID

If you read my signature carefully you will notice that i had a previous Eos replaced by insurance for hail damage

My insurance was a totally new for old replacement as it was less than 2 years

This included the new windbreak as it was listed on original invoice

When they delivered the new car and picked up the old one, it was in Melbourne's wet winter and the windbreak was in the garage

I rang the insurance company a few days later and asked what to do with the windbreak and their comment was that they disposed of the old car and closed their file so not interested in what I did with the windbreak

I did give ONE windbreak to the purchaser of the current car but the other break for sale

I also have a pair of matching genuine suitcases that are in perfect condition

I am currently overseas and return at the end of the month so if anyone interested, please send a private message and I will get back to you next week

Pick is preferred due to size rather than weight

Fred K

#11 · (Edited)
Let's give Sid the benefit of the doubt.

He ass[/U]umed something, which we all know is not a good thing, but never the less, he did.

I understand how he feels if an American would do that since it is really an original part of the car here.

Since he is a newbie, there are a ton of things he has yet to learn about VW Corporate thinking.

Sid, a simple apology should suffice and then every one will move on. BTW, welcome to the club.

#12 ·
Ok resurrecting this post from mid last year as i have been away for 6 months

I have a genuine windbreak and a pair of genuine Eos suitcases for sale and will take offers till Sunday 2 February on the forum or they will go on EBay

Prefer pick up from south east Melbourne as bulky to post

Fred

#15 ·
Fred, welcome home.

I am thinking of replicating these suitcases by using a different brand since purchasing from you isn't a feasible option.

I'm asking you for a favor.

Could you post the exact dimensions of each one of these suit cases? Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

David <><

#16 ·
Hi David
They are
29" (740 mm) by 14.5" (370 mm) by 13" ( 330 mm)
The long length is to the wheel / support of about 10mm

When they are in place there is about 10 mm clearance on all dimensions

Good luck in finding the correct size

Fred

#18 ·
Thanks very much for the information.

Even though, in the pictures, the suitcases look slightly different in size, can I assume that they are actually the same?

#17 ·
Hi Fred k,
Would like to buy your suitcases. Can pick up from your place.
Message sent.
regards, Russell

#19 ·
David
Yes they are both identical
The one with the handle up is the back and the other is front on

Optical illusion from the way they are sitting slightly offset and angle of camera

Fred

#20 ·
Thanks Fred, you are a true gentleman.

Yes, I thought it might be an occipital Illustration. :confused::D

Years ago, there was a comedian here in the States by the name of Norm Crosby. He used to take words and really twist them around.

#21 ·
Hi again Fred,
Did you get the two private messages that I sent you yesterday in regards to purchasing your Eos suitcases?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards, Russell

#23 ·
The suitcases are really cool -- what an excellent idea: to create and sell a set of luggage designed specifically to fit in the unique trunk of the Eos!

Doing a little reading on the subject, it seems VW themselves used to sell the bags, but they are no longer available on the accessories site.

A third party (based out of the UK, if their URL is any guide) now offers a set.
http://www.roadsterbag.co.uk/VW-Eos-Roadsterbag-luggage.html

#24 ·
We have a set and they are very good quality - no way we will part with them as they make packing for traveling a breeze and maximise use of the boot space when the roof is down.

#25 ·
For those who cannot find the right size suit cases, I can tell you that if you are in the States, like I am, do a little research.

Based on the space available in the trunk under the safety cover, there are all kinds of suitcases available from Samsonite to no name products.

From as little as $100, I will be able to get 2 suitcases that will be an exact fit in my Eos and still let me lower the top. Oh, one thing. They will not have the cute little "Eos" stenciled on them.

Move your little tool kit to the back seat floor board. You will then have trunk space under the safety cover of 31" left to right by 32" front to back by 12" high.

This is even better than the VW suitcases which are smaller.

Use your tape measure, imagination and the internet. :D

#26 ·
Hi Fred

Definitely still interested in the wind break.

What $ are you asking for it.

I will be in Melbourne next week so I would be able to pick it up.

Cheers

Ross

#28 ·
Fred's Eos suitcases are no longer available as I am now their happy owner.
Quality items. Thanks Fred.

#29 ·
Fred's windbreak is no longer available, it was delivered to my company's office in Melbourne today and hopefully I'll see it tomorrow.

Great to do business with you Fred. :)

Cheers

George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.