Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

2009 EOS New Owner/New Forum User

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Julie in the wind 
#1 ·
Hello All!

Awesome forum and an incredible amount of information you all have here. Thank you all very much.

I just picked up a 2009 EOS with mileage just under 30k. Thrilled so far, cars in great shape, seems to run fine, and all the functions of the top and sunroof appear to be working fine. However, after reading for hours (thank you) I realize I have few tasks to accomplish.

- the past service records are a bit sketchy. Planning on hitting up the local “stealer” to give a proper oil change, take care of an ABS recall, get a 2nd key, and to give the vehicle a thorough once over. Thoughts on a transmission fluid service are welcome...

- then planning on getting the car over to a trusted import garage to get the timing chain tensioner swapped out. My car would have been eligible for reimbursement if this was a year ago and blah blah blah. At this point should I get the chain swapped out with the tensioner too? Think I saw mention of water pump somewhere also.

- I already ordered and have some Krytox GPL105, plan on following the 30 page pdf this weekend for my first rail/seal lube job (thanks again).

That may take care of my immediate concerns, but if you fine folks have any other ideas, I’m more than happy to listen.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum! Just 30k is really low for an EOS that year, very nice!
Transmission fluid is very costly (dsg service), but it probably never has been done. I would do that service on such a car.
And yes, your tensioner is probably one of the failing types. Get it checked and changed. I am not sure about the waterpump, but ask your independent VW shop. Go to a shop which really know and services VW (they could do the dsg service a lot cheeper!).

BTW: what type/color EOS is it? Any pictures??? We love those...

#4 ·
Hi!! I am strongly considering buying an 09 Eos Turbo/Komfort. It has about 131k miles and is only 2 owners. It's almost in pristine condition aestheticly but before I commit to buy, I was reading all I can about it. I am not a first time VW owner but never an Eos, tho I have wanted one for a while. I have owned 2 late 90s Cabrios and am looking for something a bit nicer and sturdier. The Eos seems to fit the bill quite nicely. I would love to hear any suggestions you may have about what to look for on my next test drive tomorrow. It does have an aftermarket stereo system,(Pioneer DVD something touchscreen) and I was wondering if that could lead to any issues down the line. Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.