SmartTOP for sale - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > For Sale & Group Buys

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
fly on the wall
Mark, 2012 Rising Blue

Default SmartTOP for sale

It works fine. I sold the car without it.
See picture.
Asking $200 including shipping within the U.S. +shipping cost if you're outside the U.S.
Please ask if you have any questions or want to make me an offer.

Last edited by fly on the wall; 11-28-2017 at 01:47 AM.
fly on the wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #2
BNH1194

Hi i am intrested on this item,can it to be $150 and i will pay the shipping since i am from malaysia.
BNH1194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #3
D-Vancouver

Hi. I have a question. I love the idea of this but I never raise or lower my roof without the car running because the drain on the battery is huge, otherwise. From a battery standpoint, is it not problematic to raise and lower the roof remotely with the car not running? Thanks.
2013 Deep Black Pearl Highline Edition 2.0 TSI with Vienna Corn Silk interior. 2nd owner. Purchased Aug. 2017. Added Hertz amp/Kenwood subwoofer/new Focal front speakers (no Dynaudio in car), added sound dampening to doors. 83000Km as of June 2018

2015 Tiguan R-Line w/sport suspension. Titanium beige. 34000Km as of June 2018.
D-Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
David44

Depends upon the battery, in good condition it should be no problem to use the roof without the engine running, if low there will be a MFD warning to use the engine. However since most people have to sit and operate the switch from inside the car the choice is up to you.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
aj8960

Quote:
Originally Posted by David44 View Post
Depends upon the battery, in good condition it should be no problem to use the roof without the engine running, if low there will be a MFD warning to use the engine. However since most people have to sit and operate the switch from inside the car the choice is up to you.
Yes, agreed.

It shouldn't cause you problems with the battery. I don't think this is meant to be used all the time, just for special (show off) occasions. Personally I think you could have a lot of fun with this surprising the general public/passers by or just plain showing off.

The timing of the sale is wrong for me with just buying our car, sprucing her up and Christmas round the corner...Already spent a lot! & the missus would kill me. Otherwise,I would have snapped it up...

Good luck to a buyer & I hope it brings you a lot of fun.

Edit -

This has panged my interest...
Stupid question but - I don't see a remote in the picture, how does the smart top operate? and how much did this cost you new?

AL

Last edited by aj8960; 12-13-2017 at 04:57 PM.
aj8960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
Batjes

It works with the remote key of your car in a number of programmable ways.
And it is not just showing off. On hot days you can open the car and get rid of the trapped heat whilst you are outside of the car. Or when taking a break from a ride and it starts to rain, to close the roof remotely (only when you see the car though!) etc, etc.
I really use it a lot!
Old 12-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
barfly

Hi all-

I'm still getting to grips with this new (to me) car, the guy who was the original owner had 7000 worth of extras added, how can I tell if this has a "smart roof"

Cheers, Tony.
barfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:59 AM   #8
fly on the wall
Mark, 2012 Rising Blue

This SmartTop is still available. BNH1194 and others, if you are interested it would be best to send an email to my gmail.com account which is [email protected]

Note that this has the old style connection, which simply means you have to use two red T-tap quick splices (included).

The installation manual and other info is here- http://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/i...VuL1NUTEZWTjE=

More info is also here-
http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...ode=view&id=52

As for how to tell if your car already has one installed, look at the directions (link above) and try operating your top without holding the switch (just push it once). You could also look for the module plugged into the harness, in the trunk on the left side behind the carpet (see installation manual, link above).
Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #9
aj8960

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I am going to check if ours has it fitted in a bit. If not, I will fit it at a later date.

Thanks again.

AL

Old 12-16-2017, 09:35 AM   #10
barfly

To Fly-on-the-wall from barfly-

Thanks.
barfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #11
aj8960

Well, I tried ours -

1 click unlocks drivers door.
2 clicks unlocks passenger.
3 clicks did nothing.
3 clicks & hold on 3rd click opened windows & put the sunroof back. so we don't have it.

AL

Old 12-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #12
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8960 View Post
Well, I tried ours -

1 click unlocks drivers door.
2 clicks unlocks passenger.
3 clicks did nothing.
3 clicks & hold on 3rd click opened windows & put the sunroof back. so we don't have it.

AL

It should also close everything if you just hold the lock button and you can also set it to unlock all doors on one click with vcds. If you have the auto headlamp and wiper function you can set the windows and sunshine roof to close when it rains.

Mick
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

2018 Tiguan 2.0 TSI DSG SEL Deep Black Pearl.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #13
fly on the wall
Mark, 2012 Rising Blue

The SmartTop has sold.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
smarttop