Plastic front wings for EOS - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > For Sale & Group Buys

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
maksim
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Moscow
Posts: 15
Default Plastic front wings for EOS

Hi all, friends !
I had a need for plastic wings.
If produced individually, the price of the pair will be ~ 565UDS.
If we make a batch of 20 pieces, then the price will be 162USD per pair + shipping (we will calculate here individually)
In this regard, I'm looking for people wishing to purchase plastic wings. Because buying 2 wings for 565 usd is very expensive) I want to buy for 162)))


P.S.
In terms of honesty of the transaction - I'm from the stance community , my car is recognizable)

my instagram : shish_tebe_a_ne_like ((not for advertising, but for confidence in the honesty of the transaction))
Or mobile phone +79o3627o873 (whats app, telegram, imessage) o its a 0 )) antispam system







maksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
voxmagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hampshire UK
Posts: 4,320
Default

You can buy non OE (Asian) steel pattern EOS wings from auction sites for $130 each! I bought 2 electro treated. Their steel thickness was the same as OE and they fitted near perfect with just a small stress in one wing that the body shop corrected.

The strength of wings on any car form part of the important safety design for crashes and side impact.

The problem with rotting V.W wings is not the wing material but the nasty foam they stick in at the top and sides which can be left out without much extra increase in road noise.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
maksim
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Moscow
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna View Post
You can buy non OE (Asian) steel pattern EOS wings from auction sites for $130 each! I bought 2 electro treated. Their steel thickness was the same as OE and they fitted near perfect with just a small stress in one wing that the body shop corrected.

The strength of wings on any car form part of the important safety design for crashes and side impact.

The problem with rotting V.W wings is not the wing material but the nasty foam they stick in at the top and sides which can be left out without much extra increase in road noise.
Hi !
Yep i know about foam, that foam installed to a golf MK5 too

So, where is i can buy a still pattern wings ?
And it's will be a more expensive than a plastic
Because 2 wings it's a 260$ + delivery to Russia (if they can deliver it)
But i am interested
maksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
voxmagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hampshire UK
Posts: 4,320
Default

Loads of them here in UK! e.g around 94 each! As with the O.E they are surprisingly thin and light. Mine were shipped well protected, they need to be because any dings/dents or distortion are a no-no when you consider the time and cost of fitting and re-painting. I can't remember the country source. It was definitely Asia, maybe Philipines or somewhere like that. I'm sure if you search around Fleabay Germany you will find the same thing closer to you because loads of V.W models now need them.

When I first saw their quality and profile accuracy it looked as though they had used the same rolling jigs to make them as V.W, then after they were fitted and I looked at the shut lines I was very happy. I'm also very happy I didn't pay V.W stealer prices.

When I removed the old wings I was really pi**ed that most of the inside was really good after 11 years and only those areas in contact with their foam had rusted through. I got the painter to lay on primer and a coat of anti-chip on the insides before they put the top finish coats on and their foam was pulled out. I also replaced the plastic vertical covers at the back and needed a few clips. At stealer prices they were not expensive and new replacements ensure you get a decent seal for any water thrown back from the wheels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...wings&_sacat=0
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
maksim
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Moscow
Posts: 15
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna View Post
Loads of them here in UK! e.g around 94 each! As with the O.E they are surprisingly thin and light. Mine were shipped well protected, they need to be because any dings/dents or distortion are a no-no when you consider the time and cost of fitting and re-painting. I can't remember the country source. It was definitely Asia, maybe Philipines or somewhere like that. I'm sure if you search around Fleabay Germany you will find the same thing closer to you because loads of V.W models now need them.

When I first saw their quality and profile accuracy it looked as though they had used the same rolling jigs to make them as V.W, then after they were fitted and I looked at the shut lines I was very happy. I'm also very happy I didn't pay V.W stealer prices.

When I removed the old wings I was really pi**ed that most of the inside was really good after 11 years and only those areas in contact with their foam had rusted through. I got the painter to lay on primer and a coat of anti-chip on the insides before they put the top finish coats on and their foam was pulled out. I also replaced the plastic vertical covers at the back and needed a few clips. At stealer prices they were not expensive and new replacements ensure you get a decent seal for any water thrown back from the wheels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...wings&_sacat=0
great story )

I am glad that you acquired inexpensive and high-quality produkt
My wings is start rusty in the front (
Now i've have a blisters and soon rust will be appear...
So, your link its just a EBAY ) i can look wings in EBAY my self, but how i can understand, that wing is rustless(stainless steel) or not ? )
In your link, i understood that's a stock quality wings (they can rusting ), just not original part
maksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
voxmagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hampshire UK
Posts: 4,320
Default

Never stainless steel - expensive & won't form or roll to shape easily. These non OE wings are also electro treated for rust 'resistance' like the OE. The life of them will depend on the quality of painting. After all, there is a plastic wheel arch lining for protection.

My simple logic:
OE wings with bad foam lasted 11years. Replacement non-OE without foam >11 years and I'll either be dead, my car is smashed and written off or I will have an electric car!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #7
maksim
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Moscow
Posts: 15
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna View Post
Never stainless steel - expensive & won't form or roll to shape easily. These non OE wings are also electro treated for rust 'resistance' like the OE. The life of them will depend on the quality of painting. After all, there is a plastic wheel arch lining for protection.

My simple logic:
OE wings with bad foam lasted 11years. Replacement non-OE without foam >11 years and I'll either be dead, my car is smashed and written off or I will have an electric car!
cool logic)
I wish and believe that, our speciful model - EOS be a rare and specifully car in future )
So i want to save they body in a ideal condition )
Also now i will swap a 3.2 and a 4motion...
I am do not thing sell that car in a near 30-40 years )
maksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.