Plastic front wings for EOS - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > For Sale & Group Buys

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
maksim

Default Plastic front wings for EOS

Hi all, friends !
I had a need for plastic wings.
If produced individually, the price of the pair will be ~ 565UDS.
If we make a batch of 20 pieces, then the price will be 162USD per pair + shipping (we will calculate here individually)
In this regard, I'm looking for people wishing to purchase plastic wings. Because buying 2 wings for 565 usd is very expensive) I want to buy for 162)))

P.S.
In terms of honesty of the transaction - I'm from the stance community , my car is recognizable)

my instagram : shish_tebe_a_ne_like ((not for advertising, but for confidence in the honesty of the transaction))
Or mobile phone +79o3627o873 (whats app, telegram, imessage) o its a 0 )) antispam system

maksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
voxmagna

You can buy non OE (Asian) steel pattern EOS wings from auction sites for $130 each! I bought 2 electro treated. Their steel thickness was the same as OE and they fitted near perfect with just a small stress in one wing that the body shop corrected.

The strength of wings on any car form part of the important safety design for crashes and side impact.

The problem with rotting V.W wings is not the wing material but the nasty foam they stick in at the top and sides which can be left out without much extra increase in road noise.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
maksim

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna View Post
You can buy non OE (Asian) steel pattern EOS wings from auction sites for $130 each! I bought 2 electro treated. Their steel thickness was the same as OE and they fitted near perfect with just a small stress in one wing that the body shop corrected.

The strength of wings on any car form part of the important safety design for crashes and side impact.

The problem with rotting V.W wings is not the wing material but the nasty foam they stick in at the top and sides which can be left out without much extra increase in road noise.
Hi !
Yep i know about foam, that foam installed to a golf MK5 too

So, where is i can buy a still pattern wings ?
And it's will be a more expensive than a plastic
Because 2 wings it's a 260$ + delivery to Russia (if they can deliver it)
But i am interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
voxmagna

Loads of them here in UK! e.g around 94 each! As with the O.E they are surprisingly thin and light. Mine were shipped well protected, they need to be because any dings/dents or distortion are a no-no when you consider the time and cost of fitting and re-painting. I can't remember the country source. It was definitely Asia, maybe Philipines or somewhere like that. I'm sure if you search around Fleabay Germany you will find the same thing closer to you because loads of V.W models now need them.

When I first saw their quality and profile accuracy it looked as though they had used the same rolling jigs to make them as V.W, then after they were fitted and I looked at the shut lines I was very happy. I'm also very happy I didn't pay V.W stealer prices.

When I removed the old wings I was really pi**ed that most of the inside was really good after 11 years and only those areas in contact with their foam had rusted through. I got the painter to lay on primer and a coat of anti-chip on the insides before they put the top finish coats on and their foam was pulled out. I also replaced the plastic vertical covers at the back and needed a few clips. At stealer prices they were not expensive and new replacements ensure you get a decent seal for any water thrown back from the wheels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...wings&_sacat=0
Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
maksim

Wink

Quote:
Loads of them here in UK! e.g around 94 each! As with the O.E they are surprisingly thin and light. Mine were shipped well protected, they need to be because any dings/dents or distortion are a no-no when you consider the time and cost of fitting and re-painting. I can't remember the country source. It was definitely Asia, maybe Philipines or somewhere like that. I'm sure if you search around Fleabay Germany you will find the same thing closer to you because loads of V.W models now need them.

When I first saw their quality and profile accuracy it looked as though they had used the same rolling jigs to make them as V.W, then after they were fitted and I looked at the shut lines I was very happy. I'm also very happy I didn't pay V.W stealer prices.

When I removed the old wings I was really pi**ed that most of the inside was really good after 11 years and only those areas in contact with their foam had rusted through. I got the painter to lay on primer and a coat of anti-chip on the insides before they put the top finish coats on and their foam was pulled out. I also replaced the plastic vertical covers at the back and needed a few clips. At stealer prices they were not expensive and new replacements ensure you get a decent seal for any water thrown back from the wheels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...wings&_sacat=0
great story )

I am glad that you acquired inexpensive and high-quality produkt
My wings is start rusty in the front (
Now i've have a blisters and soon rust will be appear...
So, your link its just a EBAY ) i can look wings in EBAY my self, but how i can understand, that wing is rustless(stainless steel) or not ? )
In your link, i understood that's a stock quality wings (they can rusting ), just not original part
Old 07-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
voxmagna

Never stainless steel - expensive & won't form or roll to shape easily. These non OE wings are also electro treated for rust 'resistance' like the OE. The life of them will depend on the quality of painting. After all, there is a plastic wheel arch lining for protection.

My simple logic:
OE wings with bad foam lasted 11years. Replacement non-OE without foam >11 years and I'll either be dead, my car is smashed and written off or I will have an electric car!
Old 07-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #7
maksim

Talking

Quote:
Never stainless steel - expensive & won't form or roll to shape easily. These non OE wings are also electro treated for rust 'resistance' like the OE. The life of them will depend on the quality of painting. After all, there is a plastic wheel arch lining for protection.

My simple logic:
OE wings with bad foam lasted 11years. Replacement non-OE without foam >11 years and I'll either be dead, my car is smashed and written off or I will have an electric car!
cool logic)
I wish and believe that, our speciful model - EOS be a rare and specifully car in future )
So i want to save they body in a ideal condition )
Also now i will swap a 3.2 and a 4motion...
I am do not thing sell that car in a near 30-40 years )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement