Power Steering Problem - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Engine & Drivetrain

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
BennyC

Default Power Steering Problem

I need help on my 2008 v/w EOS. The power steering went out. It was working fine I went into Walmart for 1/2 hour when I came out I had no power steering. The engine fuse box has a missing relay (the one in the front of fuse box) The owners manual says that is for power steering, is it possible someone took it out while I was shopping? Does anyone know of a v/w repair garage in Sebring, FL 33872. If the missing relay is the problem, where is the best place to get one???
BennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #2
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyC View Post
I need help on my 2008 v/w EOS. The power steering went out. It was working fine I went into Walmart for 1/2 hour when I came out I had no power steering. The engine fuse box has a missing relay (the one in the front of fuse box) The owners manual says that is for power steering, is it possible someone took it out while I was shopping? Does anyone know of a v/w repair garage in Sebring, FL 33872. If the missing relay is the problem, where is the best place to get one???

I canít imagine someone would break into your car just to Nick your PAS module, get a VCDS scan done and that will point you in the right direction.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

2018 Tiguan 2.0 TSI DSG SEL Deep Black Pearl.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
voxmagna

Sounds rather incredible if a perp. got that far into a locked car because they might as well just drive off in it?

If a serious power steering problem was to occur, there would be a dash warning and nothing was said about that?

If the OP doesn't know much about these cars and thinks buying an important part from a shop is a quick fix, they should think again. If one relay was stolen, maybe they stole another or cut some wires. Perhaps somebody is trying to kill the driver? I'd report my suspicions to local law enforcement and see what they say. Next time it could be the braking system relays.

Last edited by voxmagna; 11-18-2018 at 10:37 AM.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement