Well I am moving on - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > VW Eos Owners Community > Regional Sections > U.K. > England

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #1
mickjane2

Default Well I am moving on

I must admit I have really enjoyed this Eos, she has been virtually trouble free from day one with one exception a broken O/S/R spring. That aside I'm afraid it's me, I get bored with cars after about 2 - 3 years so decided to look for my next set of wheels. I tried the Hooligan Golf R cabriolet, my god that's one quick car and I would have bought it except for two things, one the sales manager would not move on my trade in price which to say was derogatory and my Mrs was scared lol. So in the end I settled for a fully loaded 2013 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro S line special edition. I have never owned a car this side of the VAG so it is nearly all new to me. I'm not saying good by as you never know what the future holds and I might just buy a third Eos, I will pop back now and again and if anyone is interested the Eos is on Ebay and Auto trader.

Mick
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

2018 Tiguan 2.0 TSI DSG SEL Deep Black Pearl.

First EOS 2008 Silver 2.0 FSI DSG sport.
mickjane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

mickjane2,

Very sad to hear of your departure from Eos ownership however I think there is better than even chance you will return to the fold after your dalliance with Audi .
Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Australian specification - Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim. As at April 2019, I still haven't driven HER car. Her 14 year old grand-daughter has now staked a claim for future ownership when my partner is no longer capable of driving. .
silvershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
mickjane2

Like I said silvershadow never say never.

Mick
2010 Deep Black Pearl SE 2.0 tdi dsg xenons Full electric black leather seats Folding mirrors with chrome covers 18x8j alloys front fogs, Door projector lenses LED footwell lights OEM RNS 510 + bluetooth and Media interface, OEM front and rear mud flaps Sport pedals and dead pedal LED mirror puddle lights and front side lights 35mm lowered springs LED rear number plate lamps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #4
doregan

Enjoy your new VW!
1968 VW Type 3 fastback - traded for
1974 Mercury Capri 2800
1981 VW Diesel Pickup traded for
1984 Audi 4000S 2-Dr (only one I have ever seen)
1974 Karmann Ghia vert (sold 12/18)
2007 Eos base 6-spd, Red w/black interior (2/19)
doregan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 PM   #5
silvershadow
Ageing Revhead/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjane2 View Post
Like I said silvershadow never say never.

Mick

After passing the classic "3 score years plus 10", I more than most know the truth and history inherent in your "never say never" comment

Carer for my partner's Eos 2.0 TDI DSG MY09 Australian specification - Candy White/Cornsilk Beige leather trim. As at April 2019, I still haven't driven HER car. Her 14 year old grand-daughter has now staked a claim for future ownership when my partner is no longer capable of driving. .
silvershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
Batjes

Sorry to hear you selling your beautiful EOS. But the audi sure is a nice set of wheels!
Old 08-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #7
mickjane2

I new it would take something special to replace the Eos and I think this is the one, I did consider the 3 series BMW but I've always thought they looked a bit dated on the inside compared to the Eos.

Mick

Old 08-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
scratchedeos

Enjoy the Audi

2007 2.0TDI 6 speed Manual Paprika Black Leather, Sat Nav,18's and Xenons Western Australia
scratchedeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #9
LtlRedX

Quote:
I new it would take something special to replace the Eos and I think this is the one, I did consider the 3 series BMW but I've always thought they looked a bit dated on the inside compared to the Eos.

Mick
How are you feeling about the ragtop vs hardtop difference?
LtlRedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #10
mickjane2

Well I enjoy the speed that the roof is folded or put up, but the best bit is I can put the roof up at thirty mph. Downside is itís not as spectacular as the Eos roof is when operated. I have just collected the car and done a one hundred and thirty plus trip back home, only problem was the sun was shining and I travelled with the roof down so canít comment on noise difference between them with roof up. Must say the Audi windbreaker is far more sturdier than the Eos and I a love the extra power and grip provided by the 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sline.

Mick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #11
KristLee

It's a shame that you are leaving the Eos fold but I understand (like you I also get bored after a few years so I'll probably do my tinkering with mine then decide to move on in a couple of years too).

The Audi sounds like a great move and I quite fancy one as my next car.

Another shame is we never got to meet up but you never know if you ever decide to get a 3rd and I still have mine there's a chance.

Take it easy mate and happy motoring.

KristLee.

2007 EOS 3.2 V6, Individual Trim, Pearl Black, Dynaudio, MFSW with Paddles, Eonon Multimedia Headunit

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 4x4 2.2 CRDi R-eVGT

2015 Suzuki Celerio 1.0 CVT
KristLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #12
MysticalDreams

I have been itching to get a new car too but... I would only get a hardtop convertible! There aren't many options out there for hardtops, that I have seen under $50k (most are over $80k) and I am not sure I want to spend that much when my EOS is still in great condition!

Last year, my sister traded in her 2013 EOS Komfort for a 2018 brand new Audi Convertible. 2 weeks later she woke up to her worst convertible nightmare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_0_2.jpg (148.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_1.jpg (132.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg (156.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_3.jpg (156.3 KB, 18 views)

How People Treat You Is Their Karma
How You React Is Your Karma
MysticalDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:32 AM   #13
LtlRedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDreams View Post
I have been itching to get a new car too but... I would only get a hardtop convertible! There aren't many options out there for hardtops, that I have seen under $50k (most are over $80k) and I am not sure I want to spend that much when my EOS is still in great condition!

Last year, my sister traded in her 2013 EOS Komfort for a 2018 brand new Audi Convertible. 2 weeks later she woke up to her worst convertible nightmare.
OMG did someone slice the roof?! Thatís a pretty convenient looking rectangle cut
Old 08-22-2019, 02:40 AM   #14
hallcp

Not sure about the availability in your respective country, but you really should try to get a ride in a Tesla Model 3 before buying your next car. It will change how you look at all other cars. But no convertible *sigh*.

VW should have a new EV out later this year. Just take a ride, EV's drive really different.
hallcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #15
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallcp View Post
Not sure about the availability in your respective country, but you really should try to get a ride in a Tesla Model 3 before buying your next car. It will change how you look at all other cars. But no convertible *sigh*.

VW should have a new EV out later this year. Just take a ride, EV's drive really different.
The trouble with Tesla over here is the very inflated price tag and the fact that they are built like washing machines with many reliability issues. When VW, Jaguar/Land Rover and BMW release their new range of all electric vehicles at a much more affordable price and longer range on a full charge I think Tesla will struggle, and considering they still haven't earned a profit it could just push them to extinction IMHO.

Mick

Old 08-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #16
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDreams View Post

I'm afraid vandalism is a problem all over, and the fact that they can't slash an Eos roof doesn't mean they can't put a brick through the glass sunshine roof.

Mick

Old 08-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #17
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristLee View Post
It's a shame that you are leaving the Eos fold but I understand (like you I also get bored after a few years so I'll probably do my tinkering with mine then decide to move on in a couple of years too).

Another shame is we never got to meet up but you never know if you ever decide to get a 3rd and I still have mine there's a chance.

If you guys ever organise a ride I'll drop by with my A5 if I'm still welcome lol. I have been to the dark side before Kristlee, I sold my first 08 Eos TFSI and bought a Golf convertible so in another three to four years who knows.

Mick

Old 08-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #18
LtlRedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallcp View Post

ďEVísĒ=Electric Vehicles?
Old 08-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #19
KristLee

Quote:
Quote:

If you guys ever organise a ride I'll drop by with my A5 if I'm still welcome lol. I have been to the dark side before Kristlee, I sold my first 08 Eos TFSI and bought a Golf convertible so in another three to four years who knows.

Mick
Of course you'll be welcome lol.

You have more Eos blood in you than a lot of us, I'm still a relative newbie to the Eos being my first one and only having it for just under 2 years.

KristLee.

2007 EOS 3.2 V6, Individual Trim, Pearl Black, Dynaudio, MFSW with Paddles, Eonon Multimedia Headunit

Old 08-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #20
mickjane2

Quote:
Of course you'll be welcome lol.

You have more Eos blood in you than a lot of us, I'm still a relative newbie to the Eos being my first one and only having it for just under 2 years.

Thanks Kristlee I appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #21
mickjane2

Well here it is after a Mick clean next to my old Eos, which has gone back on sale due to Ebay time wasters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p88ffWUSS9CxUK+aDBmn6g.jpg (204.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg AZLNtqzLQfWZBn%5dNgqlg.jpg (203.3 KB, 22 views)

Old 09-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #22
KristLee

Quote:
Well here it is after a Mick clean next to my old Eos, which has gone back on sale due to Ebay time wasters.
Very very nice, I want one. A great upgrade from the Eos.

KristLee.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:55 PM   #23
EosSydney

Quote:
Looks great Mick, love the colour, very elegant.
EosSydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #24
mickjane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EosSydney View Post

Looks great Mick, love the colour, very elegant.

Thanks EosSydney makes a change from black as my last four VWís have all been black.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement